𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 24

𝑀𝑎𝑥
                     Two Months Later, 4:59 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
      _______________________________

                   I sniffles as I rubbed over the top of the brown casket, I stepped back as I let them lower him into the ground. I rubbed over my slowly showing baby bump, as I looked at them lower him into the ground. No matter how many times you do this it just gets harder and harder, I just shook my head.
             I wanted him to have a fast funeral, I know he wouldn't want that many people there because he wasn't close to his family either.

             It was time for the gathering in the church and I didn't go inside, I stayed in my car again. I looked at my belly. "How am I going to raise you by myself?"

"You won't have too." I turned and seen Anthony and Jacobe.

         "So what y'all going to start making this a thing now? Visiting me at my worse?" I asked, I refused to let my tears fall.

They laughed "Maybe, what's going on mamas?"

        "I lost both of you, and now I'm by myself."

"Are you really mommy?" Jacobe said as he turned around.

              Kelvin walked from behind the car and looked at me and smiled a little. I looked at Jacobe and Anthony and they smiled at me.

         "Oops did I say Anthony? I meant him." Jacobe giggled as they disappeared, I shook my head and looked at Kelvin. For weeks Kelvin has helped me with providing for me and this child, I was very appreciative of that.
          "Hey.."

"Hey Kelvin..what are you doing here?"

           "Just came to check up on you, you didn't cry all day, how you feeling?"

I shrugged "I've had better days...listen I-.."

         "I know what your going to say." He laughed.

"Then let me say it...thank you for helping me and being there for me. I'm alone again, and I really appreciate you being there for me."

          He nodded his head and looked at the ground. "Your not alone Max."

I shook my head, "Yes I am.." he got quiet.
"I'm going to go to Anthony's place and pick up my things, I was hopping you could help me move them into your house until I find my own place."

         He nodded his head slowly. "Stay as long as you need too." He said, I smiled and grabbed my keys. I got in my car and drove off, I looked in the mirror and watched him stand there until he started to walk off.

||

          I pulled up into the driveway and got out of my car, I stood there and looked at our huge house. This was it, the final moment here.
        I walked in and accidentally stepped on some papers at the door, I put my keys down and closed the door. I bent down to pick up the papers and they were the invitations to the wedding...I have been so caught up in other things that I forgot to cancel our things for the wedding.
             I stared at the envelope and slid down the front door as I started to cry. I held the envelope in my hand, and stood up, I walked to the couch and sat down. I grabbed me a glass of water and walked upstairs to grab a laptop, I pulled my hair up and got to work.

||
   9:22 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘

               "Max? Max wake up."

         I opened my eyes and seen Kelvin looking at me, I sat up and realized I was still ins Anthony's house. I must of fell asleep as I was working.
             "What time is it?"

           "Almost 9:25" I said, I rubbed my hands down my face. My head was pounding, and I was starving. "I've been here all day?"

"Yeah, I was waiting on you at my apartment and I got worried when you didn't show up a few hours later."

           "Ohh..well I haven't been packing, I was looking for an apartment." I spoke up, Kelvin grabbed the laptop and clicked it on.

"Yeah I can see that, wait...your going to move closer to your aunt?"

           "Yes I need to be around family while I'm still pregnant, it's good for me."

"Max your around family...me? Did you forget that?"

         "No, Kelvin let's be honest. Things have been weird between us, I think this is best for all of us."

He laughed. "No you think this is what's best for you Max, YOU are what's best for me. And the minute I let my guard down you slipped away, I should of known better...I was late...I should of-..." he paused, I waited for him to continue but he just shook his head. "I'll be waiting outside, it's getting dark so you can just follow me over to my house."

            I nodded my head and went back to packing, I guess now was a bad time to tell him that I was starving...

||

          We had finished putting out boxes away and we was now getting ready for bed, I was about to get in the shower so I wrapped my robe around my naked body and walked to the bathroom. I walked down the hall and I heard the shower just now turning off, I knocked on the door and waited on him.
       He opened the door, he was naked! I rolled my eyes, And he laughed.

"Can you go put some clothes on?" I asked with my eyes closed, he smacked his lips.

         "It's not like you haven't seen him before." He said, I just kept my eyes closed. I opened one a little and I couldn't help where my eyed traveled too, he looked at me and smirked.

        He walked out of the bathroom into the hall and pushed up on me. "Excuse me." He said as he walked to his room slowly. I huffed our my breath and walked into the bathroom, look at me. My husband wasn't even dead a whole day and I'm already looking at other men, I shook my head.

Wait until I tell my bestfriend, her ass all the way in Pennsylvania.

||

       It was late and I was up looking at the ceiling, I was hungry!! I quickly got out of my bed and walked to the kitchen. I walked slowly down the stairs, and opened the creaky door to the kitchen.

            I opened the frigid and started to grab food out and start to eat, I was eating so much all at one time.
        I kept eating and then the lights of the kitchen turned on, I froze and turned. I smiled once I saw Kelvin smiling at me, he laughed.
"Hungry?"

          "Very..." I spoke with a mouth full of food.

He laughed, he grabbed the cold chicken leg out of my mouth and picked me up making sure my legs were wrapped around his waist, he gently placed me on the counter top. He kissed my forehead and started to cook.

"Let me make you a actual meal." He smiled at me, I smiled back and just watched him cook.