𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 19

𝑀𝑎𝑥
                          𝑆𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦 24𝑡ℎ, 3:45 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
        ________________________________

                "Max Please help Candis with those sweet potatoes." Asked my aunt as she worked on the peach cobbler, we where in the kitchen getting everything set while the men and children were in the yard playing. Kelvin was going to be here shortly and then me and him were going to get Jacobe together, I have to grab his stuff from upstairs also.
            Meat was on the grills and reality was on the tv, as we cooked and laughed I felt at home.

          I usually didn't like being around my family but I just felt sane, I was in a really good mood today. My child was coming home today and my family were going to enjoy a huge dinner at a huge dinning room table. Life at the moment was good, there was a knock on the door and I went to get it.
         After whipping my hands off I opened the door, there stood Jordan and Jeffery. I put my hand on my hip and rolled my eyes, they finally decided to show up after not being here to prepare this morning.

"Look who's finally here." I said, they smiled and walked in the house. "You know beauty takes time...well maybe you don't." Said Jordan as she walked in the kitchen, she kissed my aunt and hugged my niece.
"Jordan come on and help us." Said my aunt.

"Oh auntie you know I don't get my hands dirty like that." She waved her off, and my aunt rolled her eyes.
"Auntie she don't know nun about this, she stuck on her little girl shit." I spat as I worked on the dough, she scuffed. "Max...be nice." I just rolled my eyes.
"You know what? Maybe I will help." She said as she went to wash her hands. There was a knock at the door again, and I left to answer it.

I opened and there was Kelvin and Avery, I screamed as I hugged Avery. I squeezed Avery because she had to leave early some weeks ago but she made it back for the cookout, I let Avery go and looked at Kelvin. He stood there with open arms waiting for me to hug him, I rolled my eyes.

"Avery! Hey bitchhhhh, come help us in the kitchen." I said pulling on her arm. She walked in and hugged my aunt and niece, she seen Jordan and stuck her hand in her face "Boop." She said as she walked to the sink. I laughed, I got a tap on my shoulder and turned.
I smiled to see Anthony, he was at work but got off early. He hugged me tight and kissed all over my face. "Hey baby." He said. "Hey my love." I said back, I heard a gagging noise and behind me was Kelvin. He rolled his eyes and pushed past us to the kitchen, Anthony laughed. "So, we in here cooking and you can go out back and work with my uncles and the rest of the boys." I said as I kissed his lips, he nodded his head and left outside.

"Kelvin I'll be ready in a minute I just have to go get Jacobe's bag." I said and he nodded.
I ran up the stairs and walked into my room, I grabbed up Jacobe's stuff and placed it in his bag. I heard the door close and already knew who it was. "What do you want Kelvin?"

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Your father the devil told me, now what do you want?"

"Max can we talk about us real quick?"

"I don't have the time for this Kelvin, we have to go pick up Jacobe before the doctors say he can't come home today."

"Max it'll be quick."

"Hurry up Kelvin" I huffed

"Max I'm so sorry I treated you the way I did, I just thought what we had was stronger than all this bullshit you know? I took what I said to and about you to far and I'm sorry. I really do have feelings for you Max and as much as I try I can't change that, Max a million I know your feelings have changed but I want to be with you now and-.."

"Now? You just now decided that you wanted to be wit me? Tuh Kelvin shit don't work like that, we don't wait on you Hand and foot Kelvin. You can't treat me like a toy and pick me up whenever you want to play with me."

"I know that Max, and I'm way smarter then I was a couple of days ago. I want you Max, I want us now. Right here, right now just tell me you'll think about it?"

"No Kelvin it's to late, your to late. I found a great guy and now you want to come back in my life?"

"Max my life is not great without you..."

He said as he came close to me and put my hands in his. "Kelvin I-." Before I could speak my aunt called out to me. I looked at Kelvin and huffed, I walked past him out the room and downstairs. I looked at her and she pointed at the phone, and went back to what she was doing.

I picked up the phone and answered and it was the doctor. "Hey doc what's up? Can we come get Jacobe now?" I asked.

"Hey Max um no no that wouldn't be a good idea um see...Jacobe is uh. I'm sorry it's just so hard to do this over the phone." He huffed. I chuckled.

"Doc just say it...what happened?" I asked.

"Max this morning Jacobe had some trouble breathing, as it got worse he started to cough up blood. It got worse and we had to send him into surgery...I'm sorry Max Williams but Jacobe passed away at 3:00 o'clock this morning. I'm sorry for your loss-.."

      My heart started to beat a million beats per minute. My breath increased, I dropped the phone and you could here it clash onto the floor. I couldn't breath, the tears started to run down my cheeks and I fell to the floor. "Max?!!" Avery said as she ran to my side, I cried and I cried. "Kelvin hurry, something is wrong with Max!." My aunt yelled, I stood up and walked to the stairs.
        I could not talk, I could not think. Kelvin came storming down the stairs and seen my face, he held onto my face and kept asking what was wrong.
             "Kelvin he's gone...he's gone...my baby Kelvin...my baby." I stuttered I fell in his arms as my head started to pound. The whole house got quiet, the only noise was my sobs.