𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 37

𝑀𝑎𝑥
                        𝐴 𝑊𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 , 4:57 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
                 _______________________

I walked around Walmart limping, my feet were so dang sore. I was stuck in staff meeting all day doing presentations, meaning I was on my feet for 30 minutes each meeting and we had 4 meetings today, so I had to find a sub at last minute so I bet the kids missed behaved. I was moving into an apartment closer to the school next week, But still I couldn't afford my house that I wanted, but trust and believe me I'm saving up every penny.
Right now I was getting me some junk food, and diapers, and some other baby stuff. I got tired of standing there in my heals that I took them off in front of everyone and they just stared at me, I didn't care my feet were so sore. I walked around in my tights, the floors were clean for the most part. I was in the baby section look for for matching outfits for the twins.

      "Long time no call." Chuckled a deep voice. I looked and there stood the cashier dude, I smiled at him. "Heyy cashier guy." I chuckled. He laughed "My names Darrell." He smiled, I smiled back "I'm Max." He nodded his head.

"Whatchu doin down here Max?"

            "I just recently moved down here, what are you doing down here?"

"Me and my baby needed a new house and we wanted to start new." He shrugged.

            "Oh girlfriend?"

He held his hand up and showed off a wedding ring "No I'm married." He said, my eyes bugged out. He was married!! Trying to push up on me.

             "Oh wow congratulations!" I faked smiled, what a dog. But then again he probably just got married, but still a dog.

"Darrell, make sure you get these as well you know Asia hates the fried ones." Said a women dropping some chips in his cart, I smiled this must be his wife.

           "Okay, Babe this is Max."

"Ohh hey Max, babe she's cute."

        I furrowed my eyebrows "Um thank you." I smiled.

  Darrell smiled at me, what was going on? "Your really beautiful, you ever think about having a threesome?"

        My eyes widened, nooooo..

"Oh y'all-...ohhhh...no I-....ohhhh.." I stuttered, Darrell laughed.

        "Babe she don't slide like that, can you go get me some more ice cream? I'll catch up in a minute." Darrell said and the lady walked away.  I just didn't know what to say, I was shocked.

        "Wow I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off rude, I was just surprised."

"Yeah I get it."

           "Wow so if your married why did you try to talk to me."

"Me and my Wife have a open relationship, and plus it was fun messing with you guys."

           Not really, you caused a huge argument that wasn't called for. "You're sneaky...I like it."

He chuckled.

            "Wait did you lie about having a kid too?"

"No, she's two. She's my real child and Charlie's adopted child." I guess that was the name of the lady that just left.

I nodded my head, you learn something new everyday. "Okay well I guess I'll see you later." I said about to walk up but he grabbed my hand. "Let take the kids to the park later." He said, I rose a eye brow. "You want me to take my new born babies out to a park? Are you crazy?". "I mean why not? They need some air." He shrugged. "They just got born!?" I laughed. "Okay maybe I just want to get to know you more." I shook my head "Your married, and I also told you I don't swing like that." I said. "Well maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a friend?" He said, I thought on it for a while then agreed to go. "Alright, I'll meet you at the park on 3rd street at 6?"

"Sound great, see you there." He smiled. I walked away and checked out, I grabbed my things and walked to my car. I walked and saw a man that resembled Kelvin, I furrowed my eyebrows. I loaded my car then walked up on him, I tried to hurry because it looked like he was about to leave.
"Kelvin?..." the man didn't turn around and I called out again, he kept his back facing me.
"Kelvin!! You here me calling you?!" I said walking up on him and forcefully turning him around. He bugged his eyes out at me and I realized it wasn't Kelvin, just a very strange look alike. I apologized "I'm sorry you just look like a really old friend of mine." I said, he nodded his head and got in his car. I shook my head and walked to mine, I do admit I miss him but not enough to fantasize about him.
It's hard to forget someone like him, and it hurts but I refuse to let him forget how I felt when I was foolish enough to drop how I was feeling on him. But life goes on, I guess I'll just have to find someone better then him.....

But how do you beat the best?

||

I walked to the park strolling the girls along with me, I had went home and changed and got the girls ready. I looked around and spotted Darrell, he looked at me and smiled. He waved me over, and next to him sat a beautiful little girl.
I smiled and walked over to them, I hugged Darrell and his wife who came with him. She was beautiful and so was his little girl, he was lucky to have all his family.
"Hey Max, this is Asia. Asia this is my lady friend Max, say Hello." He said, so this was Asia. I bent down to her height and smiled at her, she smiled back showing her missing front teeth. "Hello Miss Asia, your outfit is beautiful." I said, she giggled and said thank you "Thanks, my daddy bought it for me. Name?" She asked, "Max.." I said holding my hand out, she smiled and shook it.

Minutes passed by and we were all laughing and enjoying ourselves, Me and Darrell were walking and talking while Asia and Charlie were playing in the field.

"So this one's Faith? and..-."

"No no you was close, this one's Faith. Remember the wrist trick?" He nodded his head and I laughed.

"So how's you and your husband?"

"Husband?"

"The man I saw you with? Last time we saw each other?"

"Oh, He was just a friend. I'm not married."

"Oh yes I forgot, I seen the ring and just thought..."

"Oh no, my husband passed some months ago..."

"I'm sorry I shouldn't of brought it up.."

"No it's fine, I miss him from time to time but I learn to live with it."

"That's good for you, most people don't handle situations like that well. That's good for you, you doing a great job, being strong for your girls. I know that's who your doing it for..."

"Yes, they need me the most right now..."

"It get easier, I promise.."

"I'm still waiting on that part.." I chuckled.

"You are right at your break through, just keep going..."

I smiled and nodded my head.

||

We left soon and I took the girls home, I got them ready for bed and went for a drive. Right now it was about 10:00 o'clock, it was really late but I needed time to clear my head.

As I drove down the road, I started to have flash backs about everything. Moments I spent with Kelvin, moments I spent with Anthony, and moments I spent with my son...Jacobe.

The tears left my eyes making it hard for me to see the road, lucky for me it was clear. Nothing but empty street and loneliness, I cried and cried.
I heard my phone buzz and I reached in my purse to get it. I grabbed it but it slipped out of my hand. I reached and searched for it but I kept my eyes on the road, when I found it I picked it up and read it. I whipped my eyes trying to see it clearly, Kelvin's name flashed on my phone and Went to start reading it.

I heard the honking of a car, and the flashing of its lights....

       The truck came in contact with mine and my car wouldn't stop flipping...I screamed, I cried until felt a warm hand lay on mine, I turned and looked in the passenger seat and there was Anthony.
          "HELP ME!!...Please..." I begged, he smiled. He wrapped his arms around me and everything faded to black.