𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 36

𝑀𝑎𝑥
𝑀𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟, 5:55 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜class ___________________________________

"So what happened this time?" Asked Avery as she sipped on her coffee, she finally came back from traveling to come see me and the babies for a few days.
"We had an argument and we split." I shrugged, she rolled her eyes. "Of course." She said shaking her head, we decided to meet in a coffee shop for some adult talk. "What Avery?"

"Nothing Max."

"Don't do that."

"Max y'all do this all the time.." she laughed "y'all gone get back together why you stressing it?"

"I don't think so, he moved back home."

"Wow, you pissed him off." She laughed.

"That's not funny, and I let him sign the girls birth certificates."

She choked on her coffee "YOU DID WHAT?!?" She screamed causing the whole coffee shop to look at us, I covered my face with my hands and ducked down. "Hey!! The freak y'all lookin at?! Mind yo business." She said, I shook my head.

"You crazier than a fish wit titties, why the hell would you do that?!?"

I shrugged "The girls need a father, and I didn't want to leave the certificates blank."

"So what are you going to tell them when they found out he's not they real dad?"

"Imma tell them that before they have a chance to find out."

"Wow..."

"I know it's bad huh?"

"No...it's just y'all do this to y'all selves when y'all know what y'all both want, just stop playing games."

"We've already tried."

                   "Well try again? Mess never gets that serious where y'all can't talk and work it out." She said rolling her eyes.

"Not this time." I said shaking my head.

                    "Alright Max, listen I love you lots. But you gotta stop hurting yourself, and you wear that ring that it's a moment. He's not around anymore and he would hate to see you sitting here holding back because of him, because I know that's what the problem is.."

        Of course she was right, she was alway right. I had to set things right, next week would of been our anniversary. A tear slipped out of my eye, it's almost a year since the deaths of Jacobe and Anthony. Next week I was planning on going to put flowers on there grave, I've been to afraid to go see them for weeks.
I whipped the tears from my eyes. Avery came and placed her chair next to mine. "I admire how strong you are Max, if you are strong enough to accept the fact that they are gone. Then you are strong enough to move on, don't let the life that you had make the life that your going to have past by you. Don't hold back, push and fight for yours..." she said as she held my hand up to my face, my engagement ring stared me in my eyes. The only thing that kept repeating in my head was the car accident, and how fast my life flipped upside down.

||

8:00 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘

Me and Avery made it back to my aunts house, she had just put the babies to sleep. As soon as I told her I would be coming to stay with her she made a nursery for the babies, it was beautiful so when they come to visit her they would have some were to sleep, I wasn't planning on moving back home so this was my home until I did.
I got in my bed and got ready to go to sleep, I said my prayers and ate some snacks. I scrolled through my contacts and came past Anthony's contact, I rubbed my finger over the call button.

I hesitated about calling, but I wanted to so bad.
I clicked the call button and let it ring, I rose it up to my ear and waited.

"Hello?.." said his voice, tears came down and I held onto myself. "Jus playin I ain't home, me and Max out doin something.." he laughed

"Anthony baby? Come on Jacobe wants us to read him a bed time story..." I said.

"Here I come baby, tell him I'm on my way. But like I was saying yeah jus hit me after the deep bro." The phone beeped and I couldn't help but cry, I covered my mouth so nobody would hear.

I laid my head down on my pillow and sniffled, I twisted the ring on my finger. I missed them so much, I didn't want to let go.

||

𝑁𝑜𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦
_______________

As Max slept a glowing shadow opened her door and there stood Anthony, he walked over to Max and whipped her tears. He kissed her head, and rubbed his fingers gently over her face.
He laid behind her and wrapped his arms around her, Max smiled in the mist of her sleep feeling the warmth of her late husband.