𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 30

𝑀𝑎𝑥
𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑦, 3:33 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
___________________________________

"Avery that's all he said I promise."

"And y'all didn't fuck after that?"

"No, he went to bed."

"Wow, that's lame."

"Shut up, what should I do about it?"

"Are you ready to move on??"

"I don't think so..."

"Then don't, when your ready you'll know."

"Yeah but he's ready...."

"Don't let that pressure you into nothing you not ready for."

Before I could answer Kelvin walked downstairs, I had just got home from work and was sitting on the couch.

"Max...Max..."

"Imma call you back Avery."

"Hey, I thought you were gone." He chuckled "I have no were to go, I been chillin all day." He said, I nodded my head. "Look I wasn't tryna make shit between us weird, I just wanted to tell you from the jump what I was here for. If you not wit it, let me know and I'll back off. Then we can go back to being jus friends , and chillin."

"Kelvin I don't know when I'll be ready, but I do know I want the same thing with you. Just not right now, we'll move on when I'm ready."

"Yeah yeah fasho."

He agreed, and I smiled. He smiled at me and kissed my hands.

           "Any plans for today?"

"My only focus is to take care of you right now."

        I smiled, for the rest of the day we just chilled until night fall.

||

The next day came and me and Kelvin were just sitting and planning out week off, since I have only three more months until my baby is born they gave me maternity leave. We where packing to go back home because that is were I will be having my babies, and where Kevin will be delivering them. After there birth we are going to travel back down here.
We searched magazines looking for deals on suitcases, then we heard a knock on the door. I looked at Kelvin and he looked at me and we shrugged our shoulders. He went to open the door and I put the magazine down, when he moved aside there stood Jordan. "You got some nerve showing up here." I said getting off the couch.

"Please I just came to talk.." she said softly.
I looked at Kelvin and nodded my head, he twisted his lips to the side. "I ain't leaving you with her."
"I'm not going to kill her."

"Shittt knowing you, you might."

"Kelvin leave before I kill you."

"Huh? Huh? Whatchu say?...I think my business is calling me, imma just go upstairs." He nodded and left upstairs.

        "Speak.."

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry...I know I haven't been the best cousin and I'm sorry."

            "You don't think it's a little to late for that?"

"Better late then never huh?" She chuckled

              "I guess..Look if you came and thought we was just going to end up cool then-."

"Jeffery left me..."

              "Typical, Why?"

"I'm pregnant again..."

             "Sounds like Jeffery to me...but...again?"

"We aborted the first baby, he didn't want it and he threatened to leave if I didn't get rid of it...I told him I wouldn't put myself through that same pain ever again, when he found of that I was pregnant again he just left..."

             "I'm sorry.."

"Don't be, I deserve it.."

              "Nobody deserves to be a single parent take it from me, I didn't even get to see mine grow up and go to college...it's a challenge taking care of a baby..."

"I'm so scared, I don't know what to do..." she cried. I huffed and rolled my eyes, I walked over to her and patted her back. I whipped her tears, I made a stank face then patted her wig softly. "You listen to me, it take a strong woman to raise a child by herself. You just gotta make sure your that strong women."

"I don't think I can, I can't do this without him.."

           "Yes you can, and you will."

"If you say so, thanks Maxine."

              "Yeah your welcome, okay you can go now. But you can call if you ever need advice from a single mom herself." I winked at her as she walked out the door. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"What was that about?" Kelvin asked me as he came downstairs, I rolled my eyes "Just Jeffery being Jeffery, he left her when she told him she was pregnant." I shrugged. "Jordan a mom? Wow the Devil jus evil." he said shaking his head making me shake mine.