𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 25

𝑀𝑎𝑥
𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑦 13𝑡ℎ, 3:35𝑝𝑚 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
__________________________________

Today is Friday the 13th!!, all we gone do is watch the movies today. We always loved to watch scary movies whenever Friday the 13th came around, we would just sit and chill all day. Maybe our plans will change this year, they always do now and days.
Kelvin and I were at the grocery store getting food for today, I grabbed all of our usual snacks for our movie night. By the time we got home the movie marathon should be on, so we had to hurry up.
Kelvin came back with our veggies and dropped them in the basket, he looked at all the unhealthy food in the basket and smacked his lip. "What are you doing with all this junk?"

"I'm getting it for our movie night...?" He looked at me confused. "It's Friday?..the 13th?...?"

"Ohh yeah, we haven't did that in a while. I didn't know you were still interested in that." He laughed.

"Well don't laugh, and I know we've had other stuff going on. But I want to start going back to old days.."

He stared at me causing me to buck at him, he laughed. "Max are you okay? You always so damn happy, you not sad? Angry? Depressed?..."

I shrugged "No, why? Should I be?"

"I mean those are usually main moods after going through some of the things you went through."

"You mean loosing my son and my Husband?...it hasn't crossed my mind." I shrugged.

"I mean I can see that, your trying to keep yourself busy and distracted so you won't have to focus on them. Trust and believe them shits is going to catch up with you sooner or later, take it from me."

"Hm...okay, I don't have time to be sad. There's thing that have to be done for me and this child, and I have nobody to help me with them."

"How rude, I'm right here."

"Please I know you don't want to be bothered with my drama, you'll just leave like most people do."

"You mean like Jeffery did?"

I stopped then stayed quiet.

"We ain't all like him, some of us are still good I hope you know that."

"Most of the good ones are taken."

"Again, I'm standing right here." He said motioning down his body.

"Why are you trying so hard?"

"Why aren't you trying hard enough M?"

"I don't know what your talking about."

"You may think of it as a loss for you, but Max your still young. You have the rest of your life to get married, you already pregnant, now I know that doesn't take away the pain from loosing the happy life that you had. But your standing in the way of an, even happier life by not letting anybody in."

"Kelvin you won't understand..."

"Then help me understand M, what are you so scared of?!"

"Im scared of loosing you again!...I'm scared of letting my guard down to love you and care for you again...because in case you don't remember last time I did, I was the one who left heart broken! Not you!"

"M...-."

"Drop it Kelvin, the ice cream is melting. Imma go ahead and check out." I said as I walked away to the cash register, the lady rang all of the food up and Kelvin followed after me so he could pay.
I was ready to go ahead and move out, I didn't like depending on others, there was this beautiful house that I want Kelvin to look at with me. I knew that people have there own problems to deal with, and I just don't want to add onto them.
We were in the car on the way to his house, I guess our plans for our movie marathon were canceled.

||

We had just walked in the house, after a few exchanged stars and a deadly silent car ride. No one spoke not a word, I guess we didn't want to have to deal with the awkward ex talk.
I walked to my room and washed, I then changed into some comfortable clothing and walked back downstairs. When I got there I looked and the living room was set up for movie night, I looked around for Kelvin but couldn't find him. I walked to the kitchen and saw him making popcorn, if this was his way of asking for forgiveness?.. then he was doing a good job.
"What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm getting ready for our movie night.. duh."

"I thought we wasn't doing that anymore."

"I changed my mind, we both need to get back to normal. You already have, I just need to do some catching up with you." He smiled at me.

"Your still not forgiven.." I said as I folded my arms.

"Then I'll wait for your forgiveness...because I love you."

I rose a brow "Are we still talking about the argument or...?"

He laughed "Yeah, now come on Maxie let's go watch our movie." He smiled and he threw his arm around me and grabbed our popcorn, he walked us to the couch and got us a blanket.
We got comfortable and turned on the tv, starting the first movie. Maybe I misjudged this situation, maybe it was time for me to be happy again..

||
12:00 𝐴𝑚

                    I had gotten slightly woken up from me being moved to a bed, I was laid gently on the bed and I opened my eyes slowly. I looked at Kelvin and smiled, he smiled back and tucked me in slowly, he rose up to leave and I grabbed him by his wrist.
         "Where you going?" I asked lowly

"Go to bed Max, I'm finna go to my room."

           "No come in?" I said opening the blanket up for him.

"No not tonight." He kissed my forehead gently and walked out the room, after closing the door I couldn't go back to sleep anymore so I just stayed up for a few hours.

            I rubbed on my stomach, I smiled as I admired how big it was getting. My eyes flew to my hand and I stared at my wedding ring, my smiled slowly left my lips.
           Moments later I had worried myself to sleep thinking about my late son and husband.