𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 39

𝑀𝑎𝑥
Two months later, 4:00 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
______________________________

I pulled my car up and stared at the grave yard, Avery turned and looked at me. "You ready babes?" I nodded my head, I slowly got out. After a long and tiring healing process I was finally well enough to drive, and continue a normal life. My hatred for Kelvin tired to grow with everyday that passed by, I just couldn't bring myself to hating him. My love for him is too strong. Like he said, our love is rare.
We got out the car and grabbed our flowers, we walked to there graves and just like that the tears came on cue. I stood there and stared at my parents, my husband, and my child.
          I sniffled, I looked at Avery and she smiled at me. I whipped my eyes and spoke.

      "Hey y'all..." I stuttered, "I miss you all so much so so much.." I couldn't talk over the tears.

        "Mom, Dad? I wish you guys could see the strong women I grew up to be, after time and time of life knocking me down I got back up...you guys showed me what it means to be strong from a young age and I can't thank you enough for that." I walked up to there graves and placed there flowers down.

            "....Jacobe? My sweet boy...life without your smiled is hard, not a day goes by that I don't wish you was here with me. And me just standing here and looking at your grave makes me hurt more than you can imagine. But your cheeks would bust from smiling so much, your smile would grow wider and wider if you were here to look at your beautiful sisters...we are happy and you made sure of that. Your visits were heaven on earth, they bought me through some really bad days. Baby boy I love you with everything in me, enjoy your new home. I'll see you soon, I love you..." I said as I placed a kiss on his head stone, I laid his flowers down and his favorite bear down.

               "Anthony...My husband...You brought so much joy in my life by just waking up next to me in the mornings, even though we bumped heads you were my rock. You showed me that anything is possible, with or without each other. I carry you in my heart, but you taught me another thing. All great things die so that even greater things can blossom...I love you and it grows within each day...I wanted to let you know that I took your advice, I'm letting go...and I'm going to live..." I cried.   "Anthony wanted you to have this Max..." said Avery, I turned and she had an opened letter. "Read it to me?" She nodded

      "My wonderful wife Max Williams, if you ever receive this letter I am gone...but don't cry...because I will always be with you, if you carry me in your heart you will never loose me. I have another wedding gift for you...The keys to my store, I knew you wouldn't sign it so I did it for you...enjoy every blessing life gives you... I love you wife. Until next time.    -Anthony."

          I cried, Avery reached in her pocket and pulled out a pair of keys. "He must've wrote this after he proposed to you."

            "I can't..."

"You can, and you will..." she said coming to me and placing the keys in my hand.
         "Let Go..." was all I whispered, I looked at his grave and slipped my ring off. I dug a hole in the dirt and barred it, "Until next time..." my tears poured into the soil around his grave.
         I rose off my knees and hugged Avery, she walked me to the car and we drove to my new apartment. I had moved out and Darrell was helping me unpack.

||

         We made it to the house and Darrell was sitting on the porch, when I got out the car he hugged me and kissed my forehead.
             "Let's get to work..."