The Party

June First, 2019

Tennessee returned to the house he shared with the Carolinas, Kentucky, and the Virginians (shocking right? You'd think he'd live separate from NC and KY but stereotypes or something) only only to find the house dead quiet. That was strange. It was he and Kentucky's birthday. Whatever. He found the living room and kitchen clear of anyone. Tennessee hated being alone, in case you didn't know. The only reason he didn't decline West Virginia and South Carolina's invitation to stay with them. He won't admit it if you ask him, but the feeling of being alone reminds him too much of the Civil War.

Anyways, Tennessee headed upstairs. He had seen Kentucky's car in the driveway, so he knew Kentucky should be here. There was going to be a state meeting!!! Kentucky never missed. Tennessee went upstairs to the bedrooms. He saw South Carolina's bedroom wide open. "Hey, SC! Is Ken-" Tennessee froze at what he saw....

The room was in shambles. There was shattered glass and blood everywhere. The matress of the bed had been dragged on to the floor, as if someone had held onto it and been dragged off. And then Tennessee saw it.... A Kentucky Wildcats dog tag..... But no Kentucky.

Arkansas's POV:

I was running down the hall of the state meeting, late for the surprise jumpscare we'd give Tennessee and Kentucky. I rushed into the room and.... "AAAAAAAA-" "SURPRISE!!!" "Aw, it's Arakansass."

"Wait, Tennessee and Kentucky are late?! I mean, one of them I get but both of them?" Arkansas exclaimed.

Delaware nodded "it appears we've got a case of the 'its my birthday I won't show up's."

Alabama huffed "they're never late, no matter what. They've never been late on their birthday. Kentucky specifically arrives exactly five minutes early each meeting."

That was when they heard shouting down the hall.

South Carolina's POV:

Tennessee was pissed. It was pure hatred, the fire in his eyes and venom in his voice. His usually dull and layed-back eyes were red-rimmed, as if he'd been crying.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM, YOU SICK FUCK!!!!" Tennessee exclaimed, pushing into a wall.

"Tennessee?! What's gotten into you?!" I half cried.

"Don't play me for a fool, I know what you did! Where is he?!" Tennessee looked about ready to kill someone. 

"TENNESSEE, GET OFF OF HIM!!" Virginia ran up and jerked Tennessee back off, earning a shout of protest from the enraged and mysteriously provoked Southerner. "Get your hands off of me, Virginia! This ain't your fight!!! I'm gonna beat that murderer's ass!!!"

"Murderer?!" I exclaimed "me?! Where'd you get that accusation from?!" The rest of the states had gathered around them.

"The fact that his lucky dog tag was in your room!!!" "What do you mean, Ten?!" "KENTUCKY'S WILD CAT TAGS, YOU DUMBASS!!! IT'S A FUCKING MURDER SCENE IN YOUR ROOM!" Tennessee shouted. That was when he quit struggling against Virginia "There was blood everywhere, and glass and it was a mess. He's gone, he's gone and it's your fault...." Tennessee broke free of Virginia's grip and shoved a few states out of the way, running down the hall, a strangled sob letting itself loose.

"What...." I was shocked. I felt upset and confused. But at the moment, all I could manage was, "....Tennessee...."