When You're Surrounded....

Tennessee heard from Alabama before he could contact South Carolina that..... South Carolina was dead. Tennessee was shocked.... He called a few states, not believing it out of denial. And he heard from Virginia that no one could find North Carolina and that Tennessee was to meet them in the usual state meeting room. And being two hundred twenty three years old, Tennessee knew a thing or two about what was coming.

Only states bordering Tennessee are going missing.... And the ones that have vanished or died have had a problem with him.... Hell, even lived in the same home! Despite knowing that he was screwed..... Absolutely screwed. The definition of a dead man. Despite knowing that, he went. He'd been close to all of these people as well.... He'd voluntarily take anything, but it wouldn't matter. He'd have their memories. And to be honest, right now he'd rather go through pain right now than not, as he already felt like dying. Which to be honest, he didn't care what happened right now. He felt too emotional right now. And it was then he realised he'd arrived.

He stepped out of his car and..... Saw something in the parking lot he couldn't un-see. "....KENTUCKY?!"

Kentucky didn't respond. And it was at this time West Virginia decided to come outside. Upon seeing Tennessee staring at Kentucky's corpse on the ground, she shouted for a few states and Tennessee was taken inside rather forcefully.

States were angry..... Words were flying. Accusations were burning. But most importantly, everyone was mad at Tennessee. To them, it was obvious who'd done it as they firmly believed that Tennessee was caught disposing of the body. It didn't help that Kentucky had what was confirmed to be iris-scented candle wax stuck on his shirt's shoulder.... Tennessee's state flower..... and Tennessee wasn't seen by any states during the times the crimes happened. Of course the meeting building didn't have cameras, as the meetings there were top secret.

With all of this being said, Tennessee wasn't put in prison as that's where humans went. He ended up in an isolation cell.

Was it Tennessee though?

Anyone who can give me the dead giveaway of why it wasn't Tennessee, not counting what parts in Tennessee's POV said, will be heard by the states..... I'd recommend looking at what is said by the victims.