A Low Blow.

North Dakota watched after his sister, whom he'd "kidnapped". He waited for her to wake up, making sure to keep both South Dakota and Montana in separate rooms. He had to do this, but he was going to release them once he said what he needed to. And there was no way they'd hear him out, much less talk to him, knowing what he'd done. So he had to kidnap them.

North Dakota watched South Dakota wake up. She was scared. He comforted her, and started talking.....

"Y-You.... Did this for me?" South Dakota questioned as North Dakota undid the ropes. "Texas was going to.... Hurt you if I didn't do it.... But now he wants me to start taking those around you. I need you to go somewhere safe, so I can safely try to stop both him and Louisiana." South Dakota nodded. "But wait, you took Montana at the same time as me?"

"Well.... Uh...."

Flashback:

"DON'T TOUCH HER REEEEEEE--" Montana kicks North Dakota between the legs, and he drops South. "That's a low, low blow!!!" He ended up having to knock out Montana so that he didn't kill North.

End flashback.

North Dakota doesn't wish to explain this.

"I took him too so that he didn't tell the others before I could warn you. In fact, I'm going to go get Montana." "I'll come with you in case he tries to decapitate you." South Dakota said.