50 Stars, 50 Chapters

In honor of the fiftieth chapter, I will be releasing information on what happens to the states when they die, in this au, at least.

Florida looked around himself. His head hurt. Like, "it didn't just hurt", hurt. It felt like he was in a room full of hurricanes and football rivalries.

No, that's not-

You know what, nevermind.

Florida felt that sinking, disappointed, and irritated feeling he felt when he saw Florida Men on the news when he heard what sounded like South Carolina and West Virginia talking. On and on. Was this hell?

Florida sat up and looked around. He wasn't dead? No, no, he was. Florida had been here once before. This was where he recalled waking up at one point after dying from an infected bullet wound. This was a place that none of the states had ever named, but mostly he heard it referred to as "The Bottom". Supposedly, Virginia and West Virginia had both been sent to the bottom while West Virginia split from her original state.

I guess it's where the states go when not dead, but not alive. Because, for God's sakes, you can't kill a state without permanently destroying it. Seemingly, someone had forgotten that when on this killing spree. Or.... Had they?

Florida snapped out of his thoughts when he heard someone, possibly Tennessee, yell "FLORIDA! You're here too?!"

Oh, he's been spotted.

He lightheartedly shrugged, as if this weren't basically where he'd be spending the next week or so, depending on when he decided to get reborn. How this worked was still a complete mystery, and scientifically un-provable. "Yeah, I'm here" Florida said.

"Well great, we're multiplying. What next?" South Carolina murmured. West Virginia shrugged, "I guess we wait. Maybe we'll get lucky and return as quickly as Kentucky."

And as if on que, West Virginia flickered in and out of visibility. "Oh shit I hate this feelin-" and she was gone.

South Carolina and Florida stand there for a second, quiet. "Well that just happened." Florida said, trying to laugh a little.

"Am I drunk?" the two hear a voice from behind. And there was Georgia.