. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dear readers,

It is at this point in the story I'm going to let you know what this book really is. This is a mystery book, because in every good story there is tension....

States are going missing.

Alliances, enemies, and accusations are forming between states.

Tears and blood alike will be shed.

Along the way, I'll leave hints that will require a large amount of state history, geography, or facts to decide.

As the reader, you guys have one of three possible goals.

A) Help them
B) Put them back
C) Sit back and enjoy the ride

None of, some of, or part of you guy's comments will be heard by the states in each story depending on what I see that will help put the plot forward. States will start to hear and maybe even trust you guys. What will you do with that power? Will you help the kidnapper? Or will you not misuse their trust?

It's up to you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kentucky sat in a dark room. His head hurt like there was no tomorrow. He struggled to stand, and that's when he realised he couldn't. He was tied down. His wrists had rope burn, and every inch of his body cried out in pain. The room was too dark to see much, but he was certain he could smell candles.... Possibly Iris scented? That didn't help..... He heard the door open.

"Kentucky. You're awake, I see?"

Kentucky stared into his abductor's steely gaze....

"You won't get away with this."

"Be quiet." The figure revealed a needle "this won't hurt~"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alaska's POV:

I approached the meeting building, late as usual. The second I stepped into the building, I felt a hushed feeling flowing through the building.... It unnerved even me, the tallest of the states. I walked to the state meeting room and found no one but a choking South Carolina and a seemingly terrified North Dakota. "South.... Carolina?"

"Help.... me...." He muttered before falling over. I rushed to his side and felt his pulse.... His heart had stopped!!! I picked him up and ran to the hospital..... I forgot all about North Dakota, but I'm pretty sure I heard her behind me so I kept moving.

----------------------------------------------------------

A group of states had gathered in a room not like the usual, so that anyone who hadn't been there could be suspected of having taken Kentucky. No one had seen Tennessee since his little outburst, and no one wanted to. Only thirty seven out of fifty states were there. The ones who weren't there were
• Alaska
• Kansas
• Tennessee (I just saID THAT-)
• Kentucky (duh 🙄)
• South Carolina
• North Dakota
• New Hampshire
• Vermont
• West Virginia
• Nebraska
• Indiana
• Wyoming
• Idaho

The present states circled a whiteboard, which a very entitled New York had taken charge of. Currently, he was trying to get states to give reasons why any of them would want Kentucky dead. The only people that he kept hearing the names of were Virginia and Tennessee, along with a few other southern states. The reason for Tennessee and the other Southerners was because the Confederacy had tried to take Kentucky's land, and the reason for Virginia was that Kentucky had come from what used to be Virginia's land. However, all accused parties seemed to have moved on from the motives given. They were getting nowhere!

That was when North Carolina received something that was literally terrifying on his messenger.

"You're next."

Almost at the same time, someone shrieked. Iowa stood. "Guys, I just got a text from A-Alaska....!" She stuttered "and it said that.... South C-Carolina is in the hospital....!"

North Carolina was already half way out the door.