It's THEIR Birthday

USA stirred in bed, his head killing him. Sunlight greeted him through partially opened shutters, and somewhere a bird was singing. How beautiful the sun was.

He got dressed for the day, his head killing him. He had quite the series of nightmares last night! He entered the kitchen, and was a little surprised to find South Dakota sitting at his table, alongside North Dakota and Montana. "Guys?" USA gained their attention. South Dakota jumped up. "Finally, you're up! We have a busy day ahead of us," North Dakota began to say. Montana held up a cup of coffee towards USA. "Just how you like it," he said. USA nodded and accepted it, before turning towards North Dakota. "What's up with today?"

All three states looked a little surprised. "It's THEIR birthday!" all three yelled. USA couldn't help but think about his dreams. Then, a thought occurred to him. "Guys, I have a meeting in Germany and I have to leave soon to catch my flight. You can tell the boys happy birthday for me, okay? After all, I won't be back for like five months due to follow up meetings." South Dakota looked a little disappointed. "B-But, I wish you would hang out more," she pouted. Montana waved his hand dismissively, "fine, old guy. We have a party to plan anyways. You stay safe."

USA thought of Montana just hanging there.

He thought of South Dakota being tormented in whatever devious ways should be improvised.

He thought of North Dakota's seemingly endless walk in the woods.

He thought of everything that could happen- no, that would happen the second he stepped onto that plane. 

"Erm, on second thought guys... I think I'll tag along." USA said. 

South Dakota giggled. "Great!" North Dakota high-fived her triumphantly. Montana smiled, "Good. I'm happy you're staying." USA's phone dinged. It was Kentucky. 

"have you seen Tennessee?" the text message said.