UA High

April

Today was the first day of school for Izumi and she was excited with a hint of nervousness. Inko and Natsu where waiting to say goodbye to Izumi as she leaves for school. Izumi gave her brother a hug, then her mom before heading to school. Toshinori was already at school getting ready for orientation.

When Izumi finally arrived at 1-A, she could hear an argument between Kaachan and the guy with glasses from the entires exam in which she learned his name being Tenya Iida. When Iida saw Izumi, all eyes landed on her. She became shy with all the eyes on her. "You're the girl who destroyed that zero pointer?" Iida said, stop pestering Bakugo and turn his attention to her. "Yes?" Izumi said, sweating a little. "I must apologize you knew the true attention of the test and that I'm sorry for doubting your ability." Iida said, admitting that he did look down at her.

"Oi, did you just admit to thinking at Ume wouldn't make into UA." Bakugo said, annoyed that people still can't believe the Izumi was powerful and just base her on her outer appearance both in look and in quirk. "Kaachan?" Izumi said, surprise by what Bakugo said out loud in private no, but outloud yes. "Tech, don't get used to this. I'm just tired of people thinking less of you." Bakugo said, not looking at Izumi.

"I don't know if that was rude or a comment?" A sweet bubbly voice could be heard from behind. Izumi turns to see the nice girl from the exam. "Wow, Present Mic was right. You did make it." She said, standing right in front of Izumi. "Ya?!" Izumi said, looking away and down to the floor to see a man in a yellow sleeping bag with wide, sleepy eyes. "Ah?!" Izumi yelled, surprised to see him.

It turns out this man was Shota Aizawa, their homeroom teacher. He told them to change into their gym uniforms and to meet outside they were going to miss the first school assembly. All for a quirk apprehension test, Izumi was nervous, hoping she would be good enough not to be in the last place. First, it was the 50-meter dash where she went up against Kaachan she didn't do so well better than middle school.

Next up was the grip strength she was hoping to use her vines to help. They broke it, which was embarrassing. Long jump, she landed in the sandbox. Repeating side steps, let's not talk about that. Ball throwing the girl with the bob haircut got an infinite. When it was Izumi's turn, Kaachan showed a little of support with a pat on the back and a thumbs up As Izumi tried to think about how she could get good scores, she decided on a sling throw(the dog sling stick is what I'm picturing). She ended up right with Bakugo.

The next three warrant that bad eather. She still came in last, but Aizawa was just lying to make them to their best, or so Izumi tells herself. After school, I let out for the day Iida caught up with Izumi to head to the train station when the brunette girl showed up finding out her name was Ochaco Uraraka. When introducing to Uraraka, though, Izumi's name was Ume because of Bakugo's nickname for Izumi, to which she liked and sounded like a beautiful hero's name.

A lovely fan named Misaki-yui made this

It's been a few days since school started. Izumi, Iida, and Uraraka have been talking and hanging out during lunch with Bakugo once in a while. It comes and eats with them more like talking to Izumi than the others. The morning classes are basic classes like math, english, and japanese, but afternoon classes are where hero training starts. Their first teacher is All Might for Foundational Hero Studies. He came in wearing his silver age costume telling the class that they were getting to try on their costume that they summited before school started.

Izumi's costume is a black leotard with green shorts, a green crop top short sleeve hoodie with rabbit like ears. A black mesh respirator to help keep pollen and anything in the air away from her. Cream gardening gloves, a red utility belt that holds fist aid and red combat boots. She also has pink flower vines wrapped around her arms. Her hair was pulled in low twintails with her hood up.

She was the last one to come out mostly because she couldn't find her allergy pills. When coming out, she saw Uraraka's costume, which was very pretty on her, Kaachan pretty much screamed,'I'm here to attack you!', Iida's look like a silver knight mix with a car engine on his feet. When All Might saw Izumi's costume, he remembered going over ideas as to what her costume should be.

Flashback

Toshinori was sitting on the couch when he finally got off work that day playing with Natsu. Inko was in the kitchen getting dinner ready. Toshinori learned never to enter the kitchen when Inko is there. the last time he did, the microwave oven burned. Izumi was sitting at the coffee table looking over bunches off sketches for her hero costume. "Auh! I give up. I have no idea what my hero costume should be." Izumi said, slamming her head on the table. Toshinori handed Natsu his All Might toy before looking over Izumi's designs. "Not all of them are bad. I really like this one." He showed her the one that is a full body suit where her whole body is covered from head to toe. "It's too plain, and I need some skin to breathe." Izumi said, looking at the design.

Izumi can breathe in oxygen like any other human being. She can also take in carbon dioxide through her body like photosynthesis. So she needs some skin showing to absorb and photosynthesis. So it's best not to wear an outfit that covers her whole body.

Toshinori nodded, taking away all the full body designs that left them with ten. "Next is a color theme. People are going to remember you with a color theme. Next is it has to help to bring out your quirk and use it flawlessly." Izumi took the outrageous ones that left four. Inko the chimed in. "Oh, let me see that one?" Inko point to the outfit with a respirator and rabbit like ears on the hoodie. "I think this one should be it." She said before collecting Natsu to seat him at the table for dinner.

Back again

All Might nodded in approval at every ones costume. "Alright, today will be splitting into pairs for mock fights." All Might went on explaining that a lot of hero fights are not out in the open. Most are behind closed doors. Also, show how hero's can clash when doing these job so they must work together.

All Might then randomly pair students up. Izumi was paired up with Uraraka while Iida was with Bakugo. Now it's time to see who is going to be a hero or a villain. The first team is Izumi and Uraraka vs. Iida and Bakugo. Bakugo and Izumi look at each other and have never been on the opposite side of a fight, not really wanting to eather. Bakugo then smirked, looking as if he just thought of something. "Oi Ume, let's make this interesting." Bakugo said, pointing a grenade gauntlet at Izumi. "And what would that be?" Izumi said, thinking as to what Kaachan wants. "A little bet, if you win, I'll buy you that dress you been looking at." Bakugo said, seeing the look on Izumi's face. "You mean that white and sky blue dress we keep passing on our way here?" Uraraka and Iida remember the same dress by the train station. "And you, what do you get out of this." Izumi said, trying to think what Bakugo would want. "You have to tell me what your dad really does for a living." Bakugo said, annoyed while in everyone's mind are saying 'That's it?'

Izumi started to sweat a little, and so was All Might. Bakugo has been trying to find out what his job is for as long as he can remember not taking the lie that he works of a hero agency as a sidekick. Saying that it was a lie, and he was a phony for suggesting that. "Really Kaachan, we already told -" Izumi was interrupted by Bakugo. "It's lie your bad at lying, and so is Inko. Call me curious, but I know the man for most of my life because of our moms, and I don't like to be lied to." Bakugo admitted to as to why he wants this. "You're on." Izumi said, shaking Bakugo's hand.

Bakugo went all out for this mock fight. Izumi, after so many years of watching Bakugo fight, knows his weakness, how he fights, what he favors, and his limits are. She just barely captured him by throwing him in a rose bush, not trying to hurt him, but to immobilize him. She never saw him look so defeated. Next was Iida, Uraraka was already up there trying to capture the bomb when Izumi made it there. They work together to capture Iida by making him fall while running, then levitate where he had no traction, then use Uraraka's capture tape. They captured the villain. Izumi then had to go to Recovery Girl to take care of her 2nd and 1st degree burns.