Thirty one

Tae Hyung

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Tae Hyung asked Jungkook .

"Good or not, we are left with no option"

They were sitting under the moon lit sky , looking at the flowing river. It's Jungkook's idea to sleep by the river and find the way back home next morning.

"Everything is wrong in this situation kookie " Tae Hyung insisted, but sat next to him on the boulder. "Everything!"

"Chill dude" Jungkook spoke softly as if he didn't want to disrupt the melody of the river. "It's beautiful here. One of my favorite places. I come here to stargaze sometimes "

But Tae Hyung wasn't seeing the stars overhead or the sparkling waters. His eyes were fixed on the most beautiful piece of art he had ever seen in his life.

In the moonlight all he could see was how galaxies reflected in those emerald eyes. He only heard the inaudible thump of his heart in the silence. He fell in love with this beautiful creature.

Now he was falling all over again.

"You know what?" Jungkook broke his trance with his shushed voice "this river is called sing-song river"

"W-Why?" Tae Hyung shivered as a cold air settled in around them .

"Cause it sings forever " he dipped his bare feet in the ice cold water "beautiful,right?"

"Hmm" Tae Hyung muttered through clattering teeth "buu-ti-pl"

"Are you feeling cold?"

"Are-nt- y-you?"

Jungkook giggled "nah. I can't physically feel the temperature "

"L- lu-cky " Tae Hyung trembled.

There was a moment of silence.

"Um.." Jungkook mumbled "you wanna..like...you know...cuddle ..maybe?"

Tae Hyung was quite dumbstruck. Cuddle? God! What a child!

"Because you are cold and all you know" noticing his weird expression ,Jungkook changed the subject "you don't have to if -"

"I think w-we may hav-ve a bll -anke-t or two "

Tae Hyung pulled the duffle bag closer and unzipped it , revealing a mess of clothes inside.

Tae Hyung pulled a white bed sheet out and tangled in it came a framed photograph .

Tae Hyung stared at it for a while, with the sheet still in hand before Jungkook picked it up .

"Who is this?"

"M- mom" Tae Hyung scooted closer and pulled the sheet over both of them.

It was really uncomfortable on the cold rock but Tae Hyung didn't mind as long as he could feel Jungkook warm against him and smell his sweet scent through his slightly runny nose.

"She's beautiful " Jungkook traced the glass with his fingers "just like you"

Tae Hyung blushed slightly . "Jimin must have put it in there"

"Yeah " Jungkook said peeping into Tae's face "seriously! You look exactly like her!"

"Isn't it sad?" Tae Hyung snuggled closer to him and felt his arms around his torso.

"What is?"

"How I can't miss her?" Tae Hyung felt a lump rising in his throat "she must be very sad. Cuz I don't miss her. Cuz I can't remember her"

"You know what Tae?" Jungkook slipped a warm hand under his shirt and rubbed soothing circles on his flat stomach.

"What?" Tae Hyung asked feeling really warm and cozy.

"She loves you and that doesn't change because of you not remembering her. "

Tae Hyung passed out listening to Jungkook saying,
"Love lingers on ,baby. Even after memories fade"