Forty one

Tae Hyung

After an hour of  explanation (which was 90% lies) and convincing ,Tae Hyung was now following Jimin out of his house.

"I'm so damn sorry for all this trouble "

Tae Hyung apologized to his friend who was leaving his own house to have an awkward sleep over at his parents '  just to free some space for Tae Hyung  and his interrogation.

"It's cool" Jimin assured "just take care ok? God! This feels so wrong "

"I know right"

"Promise me that you'll tell me what's really going on later"

"Sure" he wasn't sure though "when the right time comes I'll tell you everything"

"You better not make me regret this decision " Jimin smiled and turned to leave but froze on his tracks.

"oh! I almost forgot "

Tae furrowed his brows "what?"

"I remembered why that Jungkook guy looked familiar , " he said " I've seen him before.... few weeks before the crash "

"What?" Tae Hyung asked in disbelief.
What the heck is he talking about?

"Yeah " Jimin started searching through his jeans pockets "you showed this to me"

Jimin held out a Polaroid for Tae Hyung to see. It was old and faded but even under dim lights on the drive way he could realize that it was a picture of Jungkook.

He stared at the brunette in the picture, speechless. It was unmistakably Jungkook. It was the same glistening jade eyes, same heart melting bunny smile.

"What the hell?" Tae Hyung took the photo with his shivering hands.

"You asked me to get it framed" Jimin revealed "but you never told me who it was. Because of the accident and all I forgot about it and this was laying inside a book for three years"

Tae Hyung just stared at the Polaroid, dumbstruck. He could barely hear Jimin's words in his confusion.

I have  around a bazillion  questions right now

***

Tae Hyung walked back in to the house, completely dazed.

What was going on?
Where had he got that Polaroid of Jungkook? Why had he asked Jimin to frame it for him? Had they known each other before meeting in that stinky cellar? Were they related? Was that why Jungkook felt like home?

The situation was getting more and more confusing with every passing day and Tae Hyung felt lost in the maze of his own faded memories.

He thought about the color faded Polaroid in his pocket, he thought about his feelings towards the boy in it, thought about their very unusual and unexpected encounter, and he couldn't help but assume everything of this was small parts of a massive puzzle.

And he was determined to decipher it.