Chapter 10

Seokjin didn't see Namjoon for another week.

He couldn't help but feel sad and lonely. The house was big and there was no one besides the few times the maids came in or Namjoon would send a chef to cook for Seokjin - even though he protested and said that he could cook for himself.

The doors were always locked - a sign that Namjoon didn't trust him fully yet - and the chefs and maids had the keys, locking it after themselves when they finished their jobs and left.

He didn't want to go out, not when he had this huge house to himself. But at the same time, it was too quiet and made him feel very uneasy.

Namjoon's location was unknown to him, having been told nothing and just woke up to a note saying he had to work and that it couldn't be done in the house. And he hasn't come back home since.

It made him sulk just by remembering it. He really shouldn't be feeling like this, he shouldn't be getting attached to an Alpha he didn't know. An Alpha that was a danger to the world and to Seokjin himself. But being deprived of everything his whole life, this was something that he couldn't help.

He shamefully admits that he rummaged through Namjoon's closet when the Alpha's scent had started wearing off in the house and wrapped himself in one of his larger shirts every night just so he didn't forget what his scent was like. Comforting, sweet and calming.

No one had strutted inside the house this morning so he guessed they weren't coming today. He had no problem with that, he'd rather make his own breakfast anyway.

When he was halfway through, the front door opened and Namjoon walked in. As if he hadn't been gone for a week now. Seokjin froze in shock, the Alpha's scent smacking him in the face because the other wasn't trying to control his pheromones and was sending them out in waves. A plate falls from his hands and the crash turns Namjoon's attention towards him, alarmed for a moment before he saw the Omega there and relaxed.

"You scared me for a second. Are you okay?" Seokjin was going to move when the Alpha growled and that halted him right when he went to step, frozen in place at the intimidating sound.

"There's glass on the ground, Seokjin-ah. Don't move." The Omega looked down and then realized what he had been about to do. He nodded and then bent down to pick the pieces. Footsteps sounded and soon, he saw socked feet in front of him, also bending down to pick up some of the plate's broken pieces.

He didn't know what to say. What was he supposed to say? 'I missed you'? No, that would be a lie. 'Where've you been?', that still didn't sound right.

Once the larger pieces were in the trash, he went to grab the brush and dustpan, cleaning the smaller pieces and then, when everything was done, he turned to take a good look at Namjoon.

The Alpha didn't look too different since the last time Seokjin had seen him. Except his hair was as neatly combed like usual, a few strands sticking up on top of his head. His smile also looked exhausted and he wondered if Namjoon had gotten any sleep this past week.

"Well? Don't I get a welcome home hug?" That made Seokjin's eyes widened and then his whole face turned a dark shade of red. He hadn't expected the Alpha to be so shameless, he also didn't expect him to just wrap his arms around Seokjin's body and bury his face in his neck.

He almost dropped the brush and dustpan, eyes as wide as saucers at the Alpha's daring actions. He had done nothing more than hold his waist last week and even then it felt like a distant action, a sign of ownership and nothing else. But right now, he smelled all the pheromones the Alpha was giving off, he felt the other's distress through his scent but then he noticed something else.

Namjoon was covered in many scents. Seokjin could recognize some of them as Betas, and Alphas but a certain scent stuck to him like glue. He could tell it was an Alpha, but it was also a female. Suddenly, his nose burned and he pushed Namjoon away, his hand going up to cup his mouth and nose.

The Alpha seemed surprised by what he did and to be honest, Seokjin was as well. But the Alpha female's scent on Namjoon was so strong and so spicy that it had burned his sensitive nose almost instantly. 

Usually, someone's scent wouldn't be stuck to you this much unless you've been really close them, closer than just hugging or even sitting right next to them. Close as in pushing your bodies together or living with them for a long period of time.

"I-I'm sorry but it-it hurts I-" He took a deep breath, hoping for fresh air but then he could smell the spicy scent and he ran upstairs, pushing past Namjoon and going up to his room, slamming his room's door behind him. He opened his window and gulped down the outside air like he'd been starved. His nose still burned, having been too exposed to that scent but it started becoming better after a few more deep breaths of air.

And then the reality of the situation crashed onto him. He'd just pushed Namjoon away, acted like a crazy person and to add the cherry on top, had run upstairs and slammed the door close as hard as he could. He cringed and sank onto his knees, face hidden behind hands as he groaned.

Omegas' noses were sensitive but he still shouldn't have reacted to viciously. He didn't know why he did it. It wasn't jealousy, no, that was impossible because he didn't like Namjoon, he couldn't like Namjoon. Because despite what he'd done for Seokjin, he was still the one keeping him in here and would probably hunt him down if he escaped. So it couldn't have been that. 

He was still on the ground mourning when there was a knock on the door and he jumped in his place. He was scared that Namjoon would open the door but the Alpha stayed behind the door and spoke gently.

"Seokjin-ah, we're going out with Yoongi and Jungkook, alright? They're bringing their own Omegas so I'm going to take you as well. I'll leave your outfit on the doorknob and I want you to shower and glam up, okay? Come downstairs when you're ready." 

Seokjin waited until he could no longer smell Namjoon outside the door before he slowly opened the door and took the dress and shoes hanging from the doorknob. His gulped as he looked down at the dress and tears prickled his eyes.

'They're bringing their own Omegas so I'm taking you as well'

Of course, he was nothing but a pretty little thing for Namjoon to use.

Just a slave.