Chapter 21

Seokjin felt embarrassed now. Namjoon was staring him down as he fidgeted with the bed sheets.

He noticed that somehow, all the important parts in the past weeks have happened in this room. Namjoon's room, it held almost every interaction he and Namjoon have had. Intimate or not.

Namjoon, on the other hand, felt nervous and useless. Maybe he shouldn't have gotten attached to the first Omega he'd ever come close to besides his mother. For all he knew, Seokjin didn't even care about him. But he's never had Omega partners for his ruts or even during his work. That environment wasn't for an Omega to work at and so it a zero percent chance that he'd ever see one.

Yet Seokjin managed to reach his hand out into Namjoon's chest, rip his heart out and keep it for himself and no matter how much Namjoon tried, he couldn't get it back.

"Why were you sad, Seokjin-ah? Did I do something wrong? Is it because of Hoshin?" Seokjin shook his head but then thought about the last question and nodded.

"It's not exactly about Hoshin, more like something she said that made me realize, well, I didn't know anything about you while you probably knew everything about me. And...I admit it made me upset and I couldn't talk to you because I was embarrassed. Hoseok noticed and told me to tell him what was bothering me, so I did. I had no one else to rely on. I'm sure Jimin and Taehyung are stressed as it is with their own problems. Hoseok was the only person I could talk to."

All his life, Namjoon had encountered many injuries. He'd been stabbed, shot, kidnapped, had multiple bones broken, but nothing, nothing, compared to the pain of knowing that Seokjin was too scared to rely on him. He wanted him to always trust him and be the first person the Omega ran to.

"Seokjin-ah, you're my Omega. You shouldn't be scared of me, I wouldn't hurt you. Especially not over such a small thing as you wanting to know me." He reached out for the Omega's hand and hooked their fingers together. "Whatever you want to know, just ask."

Seokjin bit his bottom lip and stared at their hands.

"Well, how old are you? You always put an 'ah' with my name, but you look younger." Namjoon's cheeks colored slightly before he cleared his throat.

"Well, I'm 24. I know you're older, 26. Very old for an Omega to still be unmated." It was Seokjin's turn to blush. He'd never had time to accept any courting offers or go on dates with possible mates because of his father's condition. He shoved Namjoon's shoulder as the Alpha laughed.

"You're not very young yourself to be unmated." That shut him up and he swore could see the hint of a smirk on Seokjin's face. "What's your last name? I don't think I've ever heard anyone call you by your full name."

"Kim Namjoon." They both grinned like fools when they realized that their surnames were the same. But then Seokjin asked another question that had been on his mind for a long time.

"How did you get into this business? Actually, I don't even know exactly what you do, so tell me that and then answer the other question." Namjoon looked conflicted for a moment. Probably wondering whether he should tell Seokjin or not. He decided he was going to tell him.

"I mostly control the drugs brought into Seoul, but I do also own a recording label to keep up appearances. Violence and death are no longer a surprise to me. I inherited this business from my father, who was the boss before me. You don't get much enemies selling drugs, well, as long as everything goes smoothly. So I've had some privileges other gangsters don't have. I got into this business after my father retired, since I'm an only child, I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. But I'm living the life of luxury through it so I'm not really complaining. I also met you." Seokjin smiled slightly at the last sentence, his cheeks turning a bright red that Namjoon leaned down to kiss and Seokjin giggled.

"Stop...Namjoon..." He whined as the Alpha trailed kisses down his neck and over his scent gland, kissing and licking until Seokjin was practically drunk on his scent. He whimpered and let out breathy gasps, urging Namjoon on.

The Alpha slowly pushed him down on the bed and wedged himself between his legs, his baby doll rose up onto his stomach, exposing his white panties and he squeaked in embarrassment. He grew more embarrassed when he felt himself get wet just like last time. Namjoon could smell his arousal, the scent more potent between his legs and a growl rumbled from his chest.

"So beautiful..." He breathed against his ear and Seokjin's breath hitched, eyes falling shut as he bit his lips, feeling the Alpha's clothed erection between his legs, grinding against him slowly.

"Seokjin..." He whined and looked up at Namjoon, his chest rising and falling. "I want to court you." Seokjin froze for only a moment, before tears started spilling out of his eyes and he hugged Namjoon tightly.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes—" Namjoon's smile was blinding and Seokjin's lips mirrored his. The Alpha leaned down to press a chaste kiss to his lips. It was a sweet moment until Namjoon moved and they both remembered the problems they were having.

"Alpha...take care of me, please."