Chapter 24

The scent that infiltrated his nostrils was not one he was familiar with. It was not the scent of Namjoon, it was not the scent of the house he had been living in for the past month and that he considered a home now. That made alarm bells ring in his head and his eyes snapped open and he stood up frantically from the bed he was laying in.

He was hit with a dizzy spell and staggered back onto the bed, clutching his head and hoping for it to stop. Seokjin took a deep breath as it slowly went away and he looked around.

The room wasn't big, certainly not bigger than his room. There was one door that he guessed was the bathroom, a large clothes drawer and the bed he was sitting on. But there was a window just opposite to him and he got up as slow as he could force himself to because all he wanted to do was run away. His body ached, most probably from the car crash.

The house was surrounded by a wall that had spiked wires on top of it and spiked wires glued to the sides. He saw men and women armed with guns, walking back and forth, but he didn't see any gates. This wasn't a house, this was a fortress.

He swiveled around when he heard the door open. Another scent invaded the room, an Alpha, and his scent oozed dominance. Even more so than Namjoon. Seokjin's heart banged against his chest, his eyes so wide that it was a miracle his eyeballs were popping out.

"I see you're awake." The Alpha's voice was rough and deep, his black hair long and towering over Seokjin despite the Omega still being taller than normal Omegas. His eyes such a dark blue that they were like oceans. If he didn't know this man kidnapped him, he might've even considered him handsome. He wasn't Korean, that much was obvious, he looked completely foreign. But there was something about him that looked familiar.

And then he remembered. At the auction, number 13, the man in the second row that had wanted to buy them. He suddenly couldn't breathe, his whole body trembling violently.

"You—you—you were the man at—"

"The auction? I'm glad you remember me. Or well, at least noticed enough to recognize me." Seokjin stepped back when he started getting closer, only three or four steps away. He had a thick accent, he couldn't place it, he didn't care. He just needed to get as far away from his as possible.

"Why—why did you take me? I didn't do anything to you." He tensed when the Alpha was close enough that the smallest movements would make them touch each other.

"I was supposed to own you. I would've bought you and you would be mine. I don't really care about the other two, I only needed you." Seokjin flinched when the Alpha touched his cheek and then glared up at him.

"I don't belong to anyone—"

"That's why you were parading around with that Alpha like a pet?" Seokjin's eyes turned as hard steel.

"Namjoon never did anything to me against my will. I didn't belong to him, I wasn't a pet. I am his equal and he respects me, unlike a monster like yo—"

He fell to the ground with a thump, blood pulling in his mouth and cheek reddening from the punch that he received. He grit his teeth and spat the blood on the Alpha's feet, which made the man click his tongue together and kneel down, grabbing Seokjin's hair and forcing him to look up.

"Looks like that idiot didn't discipline you correctly. Don't worry, I'll make sure you learn your lesson well."

++++

"Namjoon is still out of it. He should wake up soon though." Hoseok turned to Yoongi and Jungkook, the older had his lips pursed and his arms crossed as he looked at the bruised body of his friend.

They were at the hospital and had to shut every witness up and make sure it didn't leak to the media. It would just make their jobs harder than they already are.

"Did he tell you who he is suspecting? I doubt Namjoon stayed put after that incident at your father's place." Hoseok rolled his eyes at the mention of his father but nodded. Yoongi's eyes twitched. He didn't like the Beta's attitude. In fact, he didn't like him at all.

"Of course he didn't. He suspects the people who were at the auction. We have to wait until he wakes up before we do anything. We have no leads on who exactly it could be."

They heard a groan coming from Namjoon and they turned around to look at him. The Alpha cursed as he lifted his hand to his head but then hissed loudly at the pain.

"What the fuck...happened?" He looked to see his cousin and two friends standing there and he remembered.

"That son of a bitch—"

"Can we skip all of your threats and curses and just get into finding out who did this so you can get your Omega back?" Jungkook interrupted and Yoongi snorted at his boldness. Namjoon bared his teeth at him and before Jungkook could do the same, Hoseok stopped him.

"Did you see who it was?" Namjoon nodded and looked down at his bruised hand.

"I need you to search for every single person with long hair in the auction, men and an Alpha."