Chapter 23

Seokjin's father would never be able to move freely again, that was something they had both accepted and tried to make the best of. But seeing his father, the only person he's had for most of his life, sitting up, moving - even if it's only half of his body - eating, and all of this without help, made him start bawling on the spot.

He felt like he was a child again as he ran into his father's arm. A six year old child who'd just come back home from school with a scraped knee because of the other children being careless while playing and his father picking him up, wiping his tears then placing a colorful bandaid on his cut.

Kim Jiwon laughed as he hugged his son back. It's been so long since he'd last used his arms without needing help from someone, be it his son or a nurse.

"Dad! You—you look so healthy! I—I can't believe it!" Namjoon watched the father and son from the door, unseen and not wanting to intrude on their moment just yet.

"It's thanks to that young man, Seokjin. Soon the doctors are going to allow me to leave and we can go back home. Even a cripple can get a job that doesn't have anything to do with standing up." Seokjin bit his lips, looking down. The action made Jiwon frown.

"Dad, I—well—I don't live in our apartment anymore...or work. Namjoon has been providing for me and...asked to court me yesterday. I accepted, dad. I hope you approve." Namjoon tensed for a moment, he didn't expect Seokjin to reveal it so soon. He did say he wanted to tell his dad but maybe the man wasn't too keen on letting his son be taken away when he'd just gotten him back.

"Does he treat you well?" Seokjin smiled fondly thinking about Namjoon.

"He treats me very well. In fact, I don't think he's ever started a quarrel. It's always been me. He treats me too well. Like a Queen." Namjoon knew he shouldn't blush, he knew he shouldn't act this vulnerable in front of these people because he was an Alpha and despite that, he was blushing like a maiden on their wedding night.

"Good. Is he here? If you're living together already, he must've come with you. Especially if he's courting, else I would think he has no problems with you getting kidnapped and taken." Seokjin almost laughed at the irony, but stopped himself. That part of the story was something he would take to the grave.

"Namjoon..." The Alpha pushed himself up, finally walking into the room and he was proud of the smile he put on Seokjin's face. The Omega's hand reached out for his and he didn't hesitate to give him what he wanted. Seokjin pulled him forward, standing next to him as he tried to interpret what his father was thinking and feeling.

"Mr. Kim, I'm glad we got to meet again." There was a slight tension in the air but that was to be expected with Alphas that have never known each other on personal terms or haven't talked long enough to at least be acquaintances.

"And I'm glad you've been treating Seokjin as he is supposed to be treated. As much as I wouldn't have liked for him to be courted until we were at least stable, it is his choice to accept or decline, not mine. All I can hope is you don't get him to fall in love with you and then force him to break the courting because of some stupid mistake or because you got bored." Namjoon bowed his head slightly, feeling Seokjin's hand tighten around his.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to him on my watch." The Omega smiled and Namjoon lifted their hands up to kiss the back his.

"He can stay with us when he's discharged, right? I mean, Hoseok and Hoshin won't be staying with us for long." The way Seokjin sounded so excited about his dad coming to live with them was too precious for Namjoon to point out how it might become a problem because of the way he and Seokjin were so intimate. But he's never said no to his Omega and he wasn't going to make it a habit.

"Of course, Hoshin already left, she didn't have anything else to do here. Hoseok went to stay at Yoongi's. Mostly because I wouldn't have him in the house and I have my suspicions about him and Jimin. It's not my place to do or say anything though." Seokjin nodded. He understood but he was worried for Jimin, they haven't talked or seen each other ever since the accident. Maybe he could go visit them soon.

"Thank you, Namjoon." He shyly kissed his cheek before turning to his dad and kissing his forehead. "I'll see you again soon so that we can start moving you in, alright? I love you." Jiwons face relaxed and nodded in agreement.

They left after that with Seokjin's arm wrapped around his and Namjoon was absolutely beaming with pride. The Omega found it hilarious how the Alpha stood straighter and puffed his chest out.

"You were great with my dad. If it were anyone else, I'd have been afraid they'd both fight to death." Namjoon snorted as he opened the door for Seokjin to get in before following him in himself, gesturing for the driver to get going.

"You know I'm not like that." Seokjin's face softened and he leaned in to nose gently against Namjoon's scent gland before moving up to kiss his lips.

"I know." A breathy giggle escaped him which made Namjoon wrap an arm around his waist, bringing him closer and buried his face in Seokjin's scent gland. And almost primal growl coming from him.

They both registered the sound of screeching tires too late, their bodies flung forward violently against the car seats as the sound of metal crashing against metal echoed through the roads and houses.

Seokjin's head was spinning and his vision blurry. Namjoon wasn't any better and he struggled to get up, trying to see what happened. He heard the crunching of footsteps and the broken door of the car was swung open, revealing a figure that he couldn't make out because of the current state of his eyesight.

What he did register though, was that they had long black hair and the cockiest grin he'd ever seen. He growled when he went over to Seokjin, the Omega still out of it and couldn't even struggle as he was picked up by the stranger.

Namjoon growled louder when the man - an Alpha, his nose identified - stepped on his hand. He kneeled in front of Namjoon and grinned, his features still blurry, but Namjoon was going to find the motherfucker and make him wish he'd never been born if he didn't put Seokjin down this instant.

"Sad, isn't it? You can't even protect your own Omega. Don't worry, I'll take care of him even better than you did." And before Namjoon could retort - or at least, try to - pain exploded in his head and everything turned dark.