Chap. 33: You're Right

(Picture of Chris & Andrew Eaton Above)
*Third Person POV*

        All through the flight to New York, all Chris could think about was the possibility that Katie was going to cheat on him with his younger cousin. He had several drinks on the plane to calm his nerves, but it did not. Andrew tried to convince his brother that Katie was too good of a girl to do that sort of thing.
"She REALLY didn't want to go." Chris thinks out loud, "The the beginning of our date, she was all excited to go. Then she just changed her mind and started making excuses."
Andrew shrugs. "Maybe something ELSE came up that DOESN'T involve Ian. Maybe her family was going to visit and she didn't want you to feel bad for missing them? It could be a possibility."
Chris shakes his head. "Katie told me that they NEVER visit California because of all the earthquakes."
"Maybe her cousin from a few towns over came down?" Andrew suggest hopefully.
Chris shakes his head, looking out the window of the plane. Deep down he fears Katie is going to cheat on him with Ian. Ian whose around her age and sleeps with just about every girl he lays his eyes on. The thought of Ian touching Katie makes him unhinged. His hands ball up into tight fist, his breathing hard.
"Calm down, Big Bro." Andrew says to his older brother, "I'm sure Katie had her reasons. She probably just didn't want to worry you or cause you to not go this weekend since you planned it so far in advanced."
"It's just not it, Drew. SOMETHING happened. She didn't want to go for a reason, and Ian's party is all I can come up with." Chris says broken, shaking his head. "It has to be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Chris and Andrew picked up their luggage, a buzzing sound comes from Chris's pocket. He takes it out to see its Katie. He rolls his eyes annoyed. Andrew gives him a look.
"Answer her, Chris." Andrew says, "Don't stop now because you're too scared to be close. Answer her."
Chris nods and slides the green button across the screen. "Hello?"
"Hey, Baby." Katie's silky soft voice makes Chris almost weak. "How was the flight?"
"It was okay." Chris says sharply, annoyed and hurt. "So, what are you doing this weekend?"
"Oh, just helping Tara out at the bakery." Chris doesn't not believe her whatsoever, "She needs an extra pair of hands and since I'm off until Thursday..."
"Yeah, yeah." Chris rolls his eyes, "So is there anything ELSE you're going to do this weekend?"
There's a long pause. "Sit home and miss you, I guess."
Chris scoffs a dry laugh. "You had the chance to come with me, you know!"
"Chris are you mad at me?" Katie says through the phone. "Honey, I told you why I—"
Andrew gives Chris a warning like look to be cautious. "Don't Chris this up. She's different than the rest of the girls you've dated, remember?"
"No, I'm not mad." Chris says coldly, "I'm just ticked off at the fact you can't even tell me the truth."
Chris hangs up on Katie angrily. The two guys walk to the entrance of the airport. Chris thumb's for a taxi. Chris turns to see a disapproving look on Andrew's face.
"What? I'm her boyfriend, she shouldn't be afraid to tell me anything." Chris growls, walking to the taxi. "I would understand."
"The way you're behaving, I would want to tell you anything either." Andrew says annoyed, "Katie probably had a good reason not to come. Give it up or you'll be miserable all weekend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the suite in the hotel that was originally meant for him and Katie, bottles of wine, unlit candles, and a small container of fake rose pedals. Even a small box of condoms was placed on the bathroom sink for the romantic weekend. All paid for two weeks in advance.
Seeing all of this, Andrew gives Chris a look. "You really had the next five days planned out, didn't you?"
"Yeah and it's all ruined because of Ian." Chris collects all the seductive things and puts it in a spare bag.
"You don't know that. Stop assuming the worst." Andrew says as he puts the bag on his bed in his suite bedroom. "Drop it, okay? You can call her tomorrow and ask her about Ian's party. Then call Ian to make sure it's true."
Chris sighs. "You're right."