Chap. 94: Andrew

(Picture of Eaton family above)
*Katie's POV*

                After three hours of going back and forth, Chris managed to convince me to come back home. That night, I slept in the guest bedroom. Chris begged me to come into "our" bed because I was being ridiculous. But all I can imagine was Chris on top of Rachael. Chris kissing and making love to Rachael. I knew Chris had slept with other women but he was going out with me when he decided to sleep with Rachael. No matter how many times Chris tells me that it was just a drunk one night stand, I can't imagine being naked in the same room with Chris. Or in a prison jumpsuit.
         What Chris doesnt understand is that his penis was in somebody else a few days before his penis was in me! It disturbs me deeply. What if I have an STD?! One of the reasons why I didn't want to have sex with Chris in the first place was because I didn't know his sexual history. Not a great conversation starter but I might as well have!
          When we got home after Chris checked Chloe and I out of the hotel, he sat me down and told me about every women he's been with. I honestly wanted to claw his eyes out. It made me even more not want to sleep with him. I am married to a dirty dog. Or a rabbit.
               For the past week, Chris has been trying to romance me. He tried extra hard when he made a candlelight dinner that was dark and the food was halfway burned. Now I know why we order take out so much. Anyways, after the candlelight dinner that ended up with the guest bedroom slamming shut in Chris's face, Chris tried to hop in the shower with me. Over the year, Chris has done this time and time again without fail. But I can honestly say that when Chris opened his towel and showed me the little part if himself, I was happy to decline.
        Maybe I'm being a jerk. Maybe I'm being mean, but I don't want his poking device anywhere near my goods when he could potentially have an STD! And if he does, and gave it to me, I'll probably get the one that will kill me quicker and his will be tried with medication. Ugh! I sure hope he has a worse kind than mine.
         Also, last week, Chris, Andrew, and Loni had their blood drawn for a DNA test to see if they belong to Steven. I also made Chris and I take an STD test while we were at the clinic. Andrew got one too so we wouldn't be alone. I'm beginning to wonder if I need ro get Chloe tested, in case I caught something before I became pregnant.
        Lauren has been gone ever since that night she announced her divorce with Steven. She's not concerned with which child belongs to Steven and who belongs to another man. And Lauren judges me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            As we all wait for the results of both the DNA test and STD test, Chris takes my hand and squeezes. He's shaking. Chris is scared, but what for? For the results of the DNA testing the STD test? I don't squeeze back but I don't pull away from Chris either. I have to put my feelings aside right now and be there as support for the DNA results. Then leave Chris for the STD results.
         "It's going to be fine." Andrew tells Chris, Chloe on his lap. "Huh, Chloe?"
            Chloe plays Candy Crush on his phone. I rarely ever let her play any electronic games because of the negative research that has been found on kids learning skills that are effected by electronic games. That's why I make Chloe play outside so much or with her legos, she won't be like the rest of the brain-fried generations today.
            "Tìo Drew?" Chloe says in her baby voice "I want to go to your house and play with Fox."
              I roll my eyes annoyed that Lauren dumped that big white ball of fluff on Andrew. All because Andrew can't say "no" due to the fact he's incredibly kind. That's one thing Andrew and I share personality wise (writer: I can hear my own mother laughing at this sentence in the background).
             The office doors open, making us all jump out of our seats. Finally! Our questions will be answered. Dr. Rajesh Oponaldo, a short Indian man with a thick mustache, steps into his office. When Dr. Oponaldo notices us, he stops at the sight of all of us and grins.
            "We have a party today, eh?" Dr. Oponaldo chuckles happily, sitting down at his desk. "First, we will start with the DNA test since it was first scheduled, then I will privately discuss your STD test with each of you."
             Andrew grins. "I don't know about these two over here, but I'm okay with eveyone knowing my results."
            "Ah, nice to see a positive face so early in the morning." I can sense the sarcasm in Dr. Oponaldo's voice.
            "Amen." I say under my breath.
          "Now, who is Miss Eaton?" The Indian doctor says.
            Loni nervously clears her throat. "M-Me?"
            "Yes, you're test results came back a positive." Dr. Oponaldo says with a smile, "You are positively Dr. Eaton's biological daughter."
               Relief fills me, overjoyed for Loni. Chris's hand squeezes mine, his hands still shaking.
                "Oh! Mr. Christopher Eaton, eh?" Dr. Oponaldo says with a smile, Chris clenches my hand in his. "Good news, you are also Dr. Eaton's biological son."
               All the pressure that I had inside of me eases, making me feel weak. Chris eases up on his grip. From the corner of my eye, a tear is shed down Chris's cheek. He wipes his beard before interlacing our fingers together, kissing my hand.
             "And you must be Dr. Andrew Eaton." Dr. Oponaldo says with an odd expression.
               "Present!" Andrew says loudly, grinning.
               Chloe chuckles along with him happily. Chris motions for Chloe to get on his lap. She frowns but does as told. Chloe climbs into Chris's lap, receiving a smothering kiss on the forehead. She fiddles with his cardigan buttons with her tiny fingers of hers.
          Dr. Oponaldo is quiet for quite some time. When he finally speaks, I already know his answer. His silence gave me that.
           "I'm afraid that your test results did not match." The room goes quiet, a pen drop could make us jump out of our seats. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are not Mr. Steven Eaton's biological son."
           I squeeze Chris's hand, feeling an unnecessary wave of guilt run over me. I have nothing to feel guilty of but I wish Andrew had a better mother. I guess what I feel is pity, not guilt. Chris squeezes back, weaker than my firm grip. I cannot look anyone in the eye.
             "I'm sure this is a lot to take in all at once, but with time, it will heal all wounds." Dr. Oponaldo tried to be comforting and lighthearted, but it doesn't quite work.
Andrew is quiet for the longest time. I wonder if he's going to cry, which is probably so. I want to run over and hug him, comfort him.
"Maybe my biological father had a genetic line of homosexuality that skips a generation or two." Andrew says suddenly, causing me to burst out laughing.
It's rude, I know. But I can't help it! Andrew and I laugh until we cry. Chris, Loni, and Dr. Oponaldo all stare between us in shock. I hold my hand up.
"I'm sorry!" I say between cackles of laughter, "It's not funny."
"Then why are you laughing?" Chris says to me.
That only made it worst. Andrew and I laugh harder. A pain spreads through my ribcage, making it harder to breathe. Man, I haven't laughed like that in I don't know when!
"Unfortunately, I have more bad news." Dr. Oponaldo says quickly, "Please, step outside so I can talk with you all individually about the big three letters."
"We can talk here." Andrew wipes his tears of joy with his thumb, "We're family, even if half or by marriage."
Dr. Oponaldo hesitates, looking between all of us. Why—THE STD TEST!Something inside tells me that it's not good. I let go of Chris's hand and let it hang. I have an STD. Chris GAVE me a freaking STD cause he couldn't keep his hands to himself!
"Alright then. Mr. and Mrs. Eaton," Dr. Oponaldo pauses for a moment, looking at Chloe "you both came back negative."
My hands are over my face as I begin to praise Jesus. I don't have an STD! Neither Chris or I have an STD! More tears of joy escape down my cheeks as I begin to sob happily. I rock back and forth. Chris holds Chloe close to his chest, kissing her face repeatedly, smothering her into a hug.
"Is Mama sad?" Chloe says worriedly, in her baby voice, "Mama, why are you crying?"
"I'm just so happy, mi amor!" I continue to rock and forth, sobbing happily.
Dr. Oponaldo clears his throat and doesn't meet our eyes. I freeze at this, wondering if there's more. Can there be more? There can't be. Unless—GOD DON'T TELL ME I'M PREGNANT!
"Dr. Eaton—Andrew, if I may, you're test results for the STD test came back positive." Dr. Oponaldo says in a low voice, but still loud enough for all of us to hear.
My heart shatters. I cannot be hearing this right. Andrew? He doesn't deserve—well, no one deserves an STD. No one. I knew Andrew had a higher chance, but—
"W-What type of STD strand is is?" Andrew says in a low voice, steady. "I have to be in the early stages."
Dr. Oponaldo finally looks up into Andrew's eyes, full of grief. "AIDS, Andrew. It's AIDS."

HA! CLIFFHANGER 🤗! If you or anyone you know has any form of STD's, then I hope you weren't offended by what I said above. Please don't take any if this personal. No one deserves to get an STD. You are all loved and appreciated 😔✌