Chap. 66: Drawing The Line

(Picture of Mr. & Mrs. Chris & Katie Eaton above)
*Katie's POV*

           Warmth. That's all I feel. The smell of Chris's delicious cologne fills my nostrils. It's faded but still smells amazing. I bury my face into a warm, hairy chest, loving how tightly I am being held. I can feel Chris's steady hearth beat as he lightly snores. To tease him, I peck his chest with soft kisses. He lightly chuckles, grinning but still sound asleep.
            "Baby..." I say softly, pecking his hairy, warm chest. "time to wake up."
             Chris doesn't respond, only his thumbs tracing circles on my bare shoulder.  I sit up, feeling a bit nauseous, and I lean into him more. I kiss his cheek and then his bearded chin, then his lips, nose, forehead—then I repeat. Chris's face scrunches up, his hands wrapping themselves around my waist and back.
            "Oh, Katie!" Chris yawns tiredly as he shifts to his back. "I need rest."
           I pull back the covers a bit, naughtily peaking at the beautiful part of my husband that he always keeps hidden from me. Giggling, I crawl onto his stomach and begin to kiss his chest. Up his chest, to his neck, and then I repeat the facial kisses I gave him before. He holds my hips as I do this, happily sighing. His breath hitches when I linger on his neck.
           "Or maybe some food." Chris says with a tired smile, "Our baby needs food, you didn't eat last night."
            I continue to lick and suck on his thick neck, enjoying how he lightly shivers at my actions. It's true, I am a little hungry. But I really want to feel that same passion we had felt last night. The raw, overwhelming emotions we felt. The new things Chris tried last night, the angles and positions. Let's just say, he was NOT gentle with me at all and it was pure torture. At one point though, he had gently held my stomach, all while making the sex feel like it was my first time. I can still feel him between my hips like a ghost.
         "I'm fine." I say between kisses, lying. "He's not hungry right now."
          Chris firmly puts his hands on my biceps, interrupting my pattern of kisses. "Katie, we have to be careful."
          I smirk at him. "You weren't worried about being careful last night."
          Chris narrows his eyes at me. "I'm serious, Katie. This is a life or death situation. We HAVE to take care of you and our baby inside you! I can't lose either of you."
          I sit up, my small hands on his chest. Biting my lip, our argument before Chris convinced me to run out and get married runs through my mind. There's already a huge chance that we'll lose this baby and I'll become infertile. How can he still be so hopeful? Chris gently flips us over so I'm on my back. His hands and lips brush over my stomach.
          "Hi my baby girl or boy, this your daddy speaking." I fiddle with Chris's messy hair as his warm breath tickles my bare skin, "I'm sorry if things got a little bumpy last night. Daddy was just showing mommy how much he loves her. I love her so, so, so much. You two are my whole world."
Chris kisses my belly softly, cuddling my middle to his face and chest. I kiss the top of his head. He smiles into my stomach, rubbing the soft parts.
"I'm going to spoil you and your mommy with anything your hearts desire." Chris says softly, "Anything for the two greatest loves of my life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         The warm shower water runs over my body. I can hear Chris and Andrew's muffled voices in the other room. I finish lathering my body with the hotel's bar of soap. A wave of nausea runs over me and I bend over, vomiting vulgar bile from my stomach. I hadn't eaten so I can't throw anything else—FUDGE POPS! I SMELL FOOD! I quickly clean up what little I can and hop out of the shower. Well, I don't hop, I zombie walk. I can see that Chris put the clothes Andrew had packed, which is my pair of leggings and one of Chris's plaid shirts. No bra but one thong. Wow, thanks Andrew. I quickly put them on and blow dry my hair with a comb that IS NOT MINE! EWW AND ITS NOT CHRIS'S EITHER! Immediately I throw the comb across the bathroom and I throw up in the toilet, clutching my aching stomach. That's so gross!
          "Katie, Baby, what—" Chris's voice fills the room, "Katie! Honey, Baby, are you okay?"
            I point to the revolting comb, still gagging. "That's....not....my comb!"
             Chris picks the comb up and freezes. "Oh, shit. This is Copper's comb."
              NOPE! Without another word, I strip down and climb back into the shower. I scrub harder and longer than I had before. Chris shuts the bathroom door, sighing.
             "You can use mine." Chris sighs at the sink, "I'm going to take you to the apartment, okay? Mom has the whole family rallied at my—err, OUR house. Scott spilled the beans late last night and they've been at the house for a couple hours. I'm NOT going to let her stress you out. We can't afford anymore stress on you or the baby."
                "Lauren's hysterical, isn't she?" I say as I scrub my scalp hard. "She's going to make you get a divorce."
              Suddenly, the shower curtain is pulled back. Chris stares at me seriously, his eyes semi-piercing. I blush and continue to scrub my probably infested scalp. I don't know though, Copper is well groomed and taken care of in flea and tick area.
                 "My mother has no authority over me or my wife." Chris says seriously, his eyes trying to focus on my face and not my wet breast. "She'll just have to get over the fact I'm madly in love with my pregnant wife. This is where I have to draw the line, Katie. She may be my mother, but you're my wife! If she can't accept that I'm happy and have a child on the way, then she'll have to stay away until she can get over her own ego about me not marrying a money hungry spoiled brat. I got the perfect package."
               I would argue with Chris, but I'm more concerned about his mother. If Lauren hated me before, she'll certainly hate me now! But Chris is right, he is a grown man and she has no authority over him anymore. I'm his wife and we do have a possible child on the way, so that's just the icing on the cake for Lauren to hate me.  Chris's eyes rake down my body.
                 "Damn, how did I get so lucky?" Chris bites his lip while staring at me as I shower, like a perv.
              "It's not lucky or by chance, Chris." I remind him, "You we're blessed."