Chap. 92: They Left Me

(Picture of Chris above)

         After Katie sped away with Chloe, Chris got dressed in sweats and drove around the city for them. He checked every hotel, motel, and any person Katie would go to. But Chris couldn't find them. It broke his heart and made him weak. He had went home at day break and fell asleep on the couch crying.
           Katie has left her phone so Chris couldn't contact her. Chris canceled work for the day, knowing he wouldn't be able to work while he has no clue to where his family is. Chris mentally beats himself up, wishing he had told Katie the truth. He knows he should have but did it really matter? Chris committed himself to Katie after he made his mistake. Five years of marriage and now it's going to crumble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Andrew walks into the house, smelling a bad odor. Chris had called him and told him that Katie knew about Rachael and left with Chloe late last night.
           "Chris?" Andrew says confused as he walks to the living room.
             Chris sits in the recliner, staring at the wall. Copper lays on his lap, whining. Andrew slowly approaches.
               "Chris?" Andrew says.
                "Why didn't I tell her?" Chris says in a low, whisper like tone. "It costed me my family."
               Andrew sits down on the couch, straightening his leather jacket. "Well, I told you to tell her."
              Chris rolls his eyes, scoffing. "Pff! Yeah, right."
                "Have you called her?" Andrew says slowly
                Chris holds up her cellphone. "She left it."
                "What did she take with her?" Andrew looks around the room.
                "Chloe." Chris nearly breaks at the thought, but he tries to be strong. "And a bag full of their clothes and Katie's toiletries."
                 Andrew thinks for a moment. "Well, why not go on your back account?"
                  Chris looks to his brother confused. "What?"
                   "Yeah, if Katie checked into a hotel, it'll show up on your account." Andrew pauses, "If she used debit and not cash."
                Chris quickly goes to his office, logging into his computer. Andrew does down in one of the chairs in front of the des, treating himself to a butterscotch hard candy. Andrew knew it was Chloe's favorite and Chris only kept them in there for when she would sneak into his office for that when Katie wasn't looking.
            Chris's eyes light up, quickly standing up. "She's at the St. Agape hotel."
              Chris rushes out if the house to his car, quickly rushing out of there. Leaving Andrew alone with Copper.
               "Well, what do you think?" Andrew says to Copper, "Should we binge watch Queer Eye or go get McDonalds?"
                 Copper barks. Andrew nods, feeling pathetic.
                "McDonalds it is."

Guys, I know this is super short but I had a LONG chapter before this one. I wanted to write this while I still had it in my mind. Hope you enjoyed! Comment below if you think Katie and Chris will divorce or get back together! You are all loved ❤️🥰