Chap. 5: And I Don't?

(Picture of Miss Hannah Strikes Above)
*Katie's POV*

          My hands are sweating badly as I gain the courage to knock on my Bosses door. She hates me. HATES me! She first offered me a modeling job that turned out to be a photoshoot with me and a bunch of other girls naked. So I said no quickly. But now that I'm her assistant, she is horrible to me. She even has me working on every holiday, including Christmas! She hates me completely and it shows. My shaking hands knock on the door twice.
            "Come in!" I hear Hannah say grouchily. Oh no.
            I step inside the huge office, spotting the bottle of wine on Hannah's desk. Either another fiancé broke things off with her or her wedding is becoming a hassle. The one thing she doesn't have me running back and forth for. When my Boss sees me, she snarls at the sight of me. She takes a huge gulp of wine.
           "What the hell do you want?" Hannah says grouchily.
            I take in a deep breath. "Well, Miss Strikes, I was wondering if I can have Friday off. I'll work ALL weekend if you let me have Friday off."
            Hannah looks me up and down—God how I hate it when she does that—and belches. I try not to look so disgusted as spit flies onto her desk. And this is why we don't drink or do drugs, kids.
           "Why? Is Build-A-Bear having a sale?" Hannah belches again.
             "No..." I try to control my own temper, "I have a date."
             Hannah looks at me dead in the eye, so serious I think I almost pee in my pants. Then she burst out cackling, slamming her tiny hands on the table. It hurts for her to laugh but as long as she gives me Friday off, I'll be okay. I don't want to call Chris back and explain why I cancelled our date.
             "What's his name? Tommy Pickles?" The fact she knows a character from Rugrats says more about her than I ever could. "Are you going to the Zoo to look at the baby monkeys and hippos?"
             I sigh. "His name is Chris. And he's already asked me for Friday. He has a tight schedule."
            Hannah's face goes serious again. "And I don't?"
             My heart quickens. Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap! Hannah rolls her eyes at me, turning back to her computer.
             "You work ALL weekend, Kalee." Oh, and did I mention that she purposely gets my name wrong too? "Just to give you a heads up, Chris's usually want to get into your panties on the first date. So wear something red or lacey."
                 No kidding about that. "Thank you, Miss Strikes."
                I nod my head and walk out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        So I gathered Halee & Tara while on lunch. Hannah told me that I had an hour & that was all. She really hates me, to be honest. Despite that I do EVERYTHING for her. I rarely ask her for anything besides the date and occasional early lunch.
"The marine wildlife resort?" Halee says in disgust.
Tara chirps up, smiling gleefully. "Cool beans! Can I come?"
Halee glares at Tara, rolling her eyes for the millionth time since she's been here. Much like Hannah.
            "Chris said to choose, so, well—" I smirk, "I chose the marine wildlife resort."
             Halee blinks, her face still disgusted. "It's free admission, but you have to pay for parking."
              "That's why I am taking the bus." That does not sit well with Halee.
                "He supposedly has a big business and shit and you're taking the bus to save money? What is wrong with you? Why can't he just drive you?" Halee says annoyed.
                "Halee? Remember when you called me a gold-digger-for-accepting-an-older-man-in-a-nice-suit's-number? Yeah. You sound JUST as bad right now."
            Halee groans, putting her head down on the table. Both Tara and I cringe. The germs! Eww. I begin to feel nauseous.
              "I'm sorry, Katie." Halee says sadly, "Tristian is really getting on my last nerve. He wants to go on a Hawaiian getaway in a few weeks."
               I cannot help this sarcastic mouth of mine.  "That must be so hard for you."
              Halee lifts up her head and glares at me. "Don't be a bitch."
               "Says the grouchy one whose attitude is really wasting my one good hour." I say annoyed, sipping my strawberry milkshake.
            "Katie has a point." Tara shrugs, "And don't cuss! It's not nice."
             Halee stares Tara dead in the eye, about to give her every name in the book, but I cut her off.
              "So, I'm going on my second date." I say, "What should I do if he tries any funny business again?"
              Halee and Tara exchange a look. "Tell him you're just not ready for that HUGE step. Plus, you need to wait for marriage anyway."
               "Just be yourself but don't let him do you dirty like my ex did." Halee sniffs, playing with her food.
               "When did life get so complicated?" I say.
             Halee smirks.  "When we all got hormones."