Chap. 72: Gender Reveal (1/2)

(Picture of Gender Reveal decorations)
*Katie's POV*

My feet and ankles are swelled, my back and breast are aching, and I'm nauseous. And yet, Tara still wanted to have the gender reveal today! Ugh. Chris has pointed out that Tara had spent the last few days baking desserts and creating appetizers that would satisfy everyone who came to the party. Personally, I don't think I could eat a bite without getting sick. Adora and Halee didn't bother showing up to help, considering they were volunteered to do work. I don't blame them, Tara assumes everyone will pitch in but nobody is as generous or selfless as Tara Lou James. So Tara and Kayla did EVERYTHING! Setting up food, clever decorations, and party games. Chris told me I HAD to play at least two or three or I would offend Tara and Kayla. Does everyone not understand how miserable I am?!
Chris helped me get dressed as people started showing up, which only made me feel even more helpless and distressed. And I look so fat! For an hour, I cried nonstop because I actually wanted to crawl back into bed and forget that I existed. But Chris got me out of the bedroom fully dressed in a summery dress. And it's only a month away from it being November! I could tell Chris was all too eager to find out our baby's gender. He's been snooping through the decorations and stuff to find out. I'm curious too but I still have my doubts about carrying it full term safely.
Have you ever went to a party and people tried to hug you and act as if give known you all your life? Yeah, well, you know how annoying and awkward it is. And when you're pregnant and hormonal. I mentioned this simply because I have no idea who half of the people at this party!They walk up and congratulate me, hug me, or want to take pictures with me and my belly. Disgusting.
As I start to sit down, Kayla and Tara walk over. Tara wears a blue dress with a pink beaded necklace and Kayla wears a pink dress with a blue beaded necklace. Both wearing white sandals. They hug me too tightly and too cheerfully.
"Oh, Katie!" Tara bounces around happily, annoying me even more than I thought was possible. "You're glowing!"
"I think that's sweat, Tara." Kayla chuckles, helping me up. "Tara made A LOT of sweets and treats for your guest! We can't get into the cake yet...Tara wanted to do a cake reveal but I wanted to do a glittery cannon reveal. So we are going to do the cannon reveal first, then the cake—even though they'll already know the gender."
I nod my head slowly, feeling tired as they walk me to the food booth. Chris stands across the backyard with a few men. When he turns and sees me, he says something to the men and starts towards me. Great. Another cheerful person.
"Katie, who are all these people?" Kayla whispers to me, looking around.
"I have no idea." I shrug, "I guess they all know Chris."
"Here!" Tara exclaims loudly.
OOP! All I taste is strawberry juice and silky cream. I nearly gag as food is being shoved down my throat. I put my hand over my mouth, trying not to vomit.
"Isn't it great?!" Tara chuckles as she bounces.
Kayla grabs a blue napkin with a duck on it. She wipes my mouth and face. Tara gives me a clear cup with pink liquid inside, probably her famous strawberry lemonade.
"Tara, you can't just shove it in her face! She's not a baby." Kayla rolls her eyes at her.
Chris walks up. "Baby—why do you have food all over your face?"
I swallow the sickeningly sweet icing, gagging at the icing rolling down my throat. "Blame...Tara."
Chris gives me a look. "Katie, be nice."
I roll my eyes at him, looking around—OH MY GOD! There, at the slide door to the backyard from the living room, stands Steven, Loni, Uncle Joe, Ian....and Lauren.

~~~~~~~~~~to be continued ~~~~~~~~~~