Chap. 15: The Perfect One

(Picture of Katie Morgan Above)
*Katie's POV*

For the past three days, my life has been hell. Chris hasn't called me, which I shouldn't expect him to ever again. I already know I'm not getting a fifth date. Hannah has me running all around town while doing her ridiculous errands for her because she's too busy getting drunk and she still jealous that I got a rich guy to go out on four dates with me. But like I told her, it just wasn't meant to be. He wanted more than I could offer.
My stitches come out tomorrow. I'm nervous because I know I will have a totally noticeable scar on my chin and everyone will look directly at it. Just like in high school, except back then it was a giggly stomach.
As I write out Hannah's schedule, the elevator dings. Footsteps echo through the office. From harder footsteps against the concrete floor, I can tell, whoever it is, is a man. The man stops at my desk.
"Hold on, I am almost finished sir." I pull a long strand of hair behind my ear, feeling embarrassed for him to catch a glimpse of my patch. "Miss Strikes is in a meeting right now but we do have waiting chairs—"
"That's fine." Every atom in my body freezes, my pen stuck on the word massage.
I slowly look up to see—holy craporito! Chris stands there in a nice suit, a large bouquet of tulips, and I can smell his cologne. Forcing myself to snap out of my shock state, I look away.
I clear my throat. "Do you have an appointment with Hannah—I mean, Miss Strikes? I can give her those if you can't wait very long—"
"I'm here to see you." Chris says in a semi-shaky but calm tone of voice. "Can we talk?"
My bitterness gets the best of me. "Well, thanks to a certain someone, I am working double shifts now. And Hannah gets very upset if I waste my work time talking to her clients."
Chris nods. "Well, I'm not a client—unless that will get you to talk to me."
I continue to write it her schedule, avoiding eye contact with Chris. God, why is he here? Does he think showing up with a bouquet of tulips is going to make up for our fight? No, it's not. I don't care if I am being the jerk now.
Hannah's office doors open. Her and two of her clients walk out with design files. When I look up, my Boss has already spotted Chris and has made her way over to him. She extends a hand, being flirty.
"Hannah Strikes." She grins, her voice two times lighter than her usual manly voice. "What can I help you with today, Mr. Eaton? Are you interested in designing a new suit or—"
I can't help but nearly gag at her annoyingly flirty laugh as she gawks at Chris. In fact, she blocks me from his view all together. Fine by me, little slut.
"No, no. I am actually here to speak with Katie—if she has any time to spare from her work." I can feel my blood go cold, Hannah's smiles becomes stretchy. And it shows. "I know that she doesn't really get much time in for socializing these days."
Hannah fakes a laugh. "Yes, well, she is such an amazing, hard working secretary. The best of the best. But sure, you talk to her. But only for twenty minutes."
Great, that's my lunch break. I won't be dashing to the nearest McDonalds and buy the quickest thing, only to dash straight back and eat half of what I got for $1.00. I give Chris an annoyed glare. He looks down at his feet and wipes a hand over his groomed beard.
"If you need anything—anything at all—I'm right here, Mr. Eaton." Hannah gives me the evil eye as she goes back into her office.
I stand and walk around my desk, my arms crossed tight against my chesty bosom. Chris offers me the bouquet of tulips but I just stare at him annoyed. He sighs, letting the bouquet fall to his side.
"If you're going to apologize, don't." I say sharply.
Chris shrugs. "I have nothing to apologize for."
The heck? He has ALOT to apologize for! What a jerk!
"Oh really? You left me at the hospital high and I had to find my way home. I could barely tell the cab driver where I lived." I say angrily, "And all the tulips and the kiss and the YET ANOTHER date is just you trying to get in my pants."
"Okay, I WILL apologize for leaving you at the hospital." Chris glares at me, "But don't accuse me of false intentions. I keep asking you out because I like you."
"Yeah right." I roll my eyes at him.
"You're not like the other women I've dated." Chris lays the bouquet on the counter, "You're real and sweet and simple and perfect."
I scoff. "Wow. Did you think of that at the top of your head? Or do you use that on all of your mystery booty calls?"
Chris wipes a hand over his beard, shifting on the balls of his feet. "I'm not leaving until you agree to a fifth date."
I bust out a dry laugh. "You're persistent, aren't you?"
"No one has properly given you what you deserve, Katie." Chris shoves his hands in his pants pockets. "And I want to be the man who gives you what you need, the way you were intended to be."
As romantic as it's supposed to sound, I know it's just sweet words to make me put down my defenses. And I don't back down without a good fight. I shake my head.
I shrug, my arms still tightly a crossed against my chest. "And what do I deserve?"
"Well, for starters, a good spanking." Chris smirks, "But I'll settle for a fifth date. You pick."
I purse my lips together, thinking about everything that has been said. I'm not the girl he's trying to make me out to be. I'm not the 'you meet once in a lifetime' kind of girl.
"I'm not the asshole you think I am." He says gently, "I just want your attention and your company. That's all."
I grab the bouquet of flowers and stare at them with small hands. What should I do? What should I say? I'm not good with words. Chris steps closer to me, he does the chin lift thing. My heart pounds against my ribcage, begging to be set free. Chris leans in 9o% of the way, his hands just millimeters away from my waist. He brushes the hair out of my face, tugging it behind my ear. His cologne fills my nostrils.
"That's all?" I say softly, "Are you sure? Don't lead me on, Chris."
"You're all I'm after." He says with his sparkling blue eyes.
Chris's hand moves from my ear to the back of my neck, he firmly pulls me into him. Our lips smash together. My arms wrap around his thick neck, our bodies pressing together very tightly. Chris's hand gently pressing my body to his warm chest. We pant between parted kisses, his hand on my cheek. The sound of our wet lips smacking makes a small pool in my panties. I bite my lip, accidentally biting Chris's in the process.
He chuckles, his voice low. "Damn."
I can't stop my stupid, idiot like grin. "Kiss me again."
"I'm sure I will." He smirks, his forehead pressed against mine.
"I wasn't asking." I say mischievously.
Chris's dreamy blue eyes twinkle. He lightly kisses my lips, brushing my hair back behind my ears.
"Let's go to the beach Saturday." I say softly, "Meet me at the Kona Ice truck at 10:30."
              Chris kisses my forehead, stealing another kiss on the lips. "You know, I usually have a pet name for the woman I'm dating by the third date. But I can't think of one that best suits you."
            "Well, don't call me sugar or babydoll." I can't help but grin, "My dad already calls me those."
            "I'll think of something. Give me a few more disastrous dates." Chris squeezes my hand, reluctant to let go. "I'll find the perfect one."