Chap. 25: When Can We Meet This Girl?

(Picture of Chris being cute Above)
*Third Person POV*
*four days later*

Chris sits on his parents patio as they eat brunch together. Chris's sister, Loni, and his mother, Lauren, are in their bikini's. Chris can barely eat as he thinks about how his friends reacted to Katie standing there. She was so beautiful, standing there in a summer dress that came up just above her knee. Her, in Chris's opinion, gorgeous bare legs was all Chris Conners and Mick Cooper could look at. Jason and Dominique was OBVIOUSLY flirting just to tick Chris off. Usual masculine dominance.
             "Sweetie, you're looking a little thin in the face. Please eat." Lauren says worriedly.
             Steven, Chris's father, rolls his eyes and puts the Friday paper down on the table. "Leave the man alone, Lauren. It's probably over that woman he was having trouble with."
            Andrew smirks at his brother. "You could say something like that."
             Loni and their father exchange a mischievous look. Lauren crosses her legs, interested in her son's love life.
            "Mom, if you're interested, Jonah and I went to this little restaurant here the other day and—" Andrew starts to talk about his love life with his partner.
                    "Yeah, yeah. That's great honey—when can we meet this girl, Chris?" Lauren says anxiously, "Is she nice?"
                 "She's really nice." Andrew nods, "Quiet."
                Steven pipes up. "Oh? You've got one of those non chitty chatty types."
               Chris looks down at his hotdog on his plate annoyed. "Katie's—"
              "Her name is Katie? How sweet." Lauren says with a dry smile, "How come we have not met this woman yet?"
                Andrew mischievously smirks, not saying a word. Not after what the guys pulled on Chris four days ago. It has caused Chris to feel emotions he had never felt before.
            "Is she a clean girl? I mean, usually when we see your latest girlfriend, she has nothing but a tight top to match her tight skirt stitched into her boney thighs." Lauren takes a sip of her lemonade.
           Loni smirks. "Or her boney thighs wrapped around his neck."
            Lauren gives her daughter a surprised but annoyed look. Steven and Andrew both burst out laughing with Loni. Chris groans softly.
            "Katie is a good girl." Chris takes a sip of his Bud Light, "She's smart and sweet and VERY shy. Gorgeous too."
              "EXTREMELY gorgeous." Andrew pauses for a moment for dramatic effect, "And I'm gay."
              Steven chuckles, as does Loni. Chris blushes at the thought of Katie cuddles up watching the Little Mermaid with him. Just being cuddled up and kissing is enough. He forced himself not to think of going any farther.
             "Something troubling you, son." Lauren states, "I can see it in your eyes and face."
              Chris sighs. "I introduced her to my friends. All Chris Conners and Mick Cooper could do was stare at her gorgeous tan legs."
            Chris feels childish for saying that. It sounds childish to his ears. The table goes silent. Chris forced himself to take a bite of his hotdog. Loni looks to their mother.
             "Sounds like you're jealous." Lauren says with a small smirk.
              Chris frowns. "I'm NOT jealous."
             "Okay, if you say so." Lauren smiles, "But you could have fooled me."
              "So, when is this Katie girl gonna coming to dinner?" Steve receives a look from his children, "What? I want to see the girl my son is sleeping with."
               Chris looks away shyly, Lauren gives her son a curious look. He's never acted this way, especially not about any of his girlfriends. He usually says very little about them and when he does, he's complaining about something that he doesn't like about them. One of her son's many flaws.
              "I'll call her." Chris finally says, "But we just started dating and I'm not sure I'm ready for her meet my family. I sure as hell wish I hadn't let her meet the guys."
             "We won't bite." Lauren says.
             Steven smirks. "Just don't invite Joe. We'll save that mess until the wedding reception. After it's too late to change her mind."
Chris smirks distantly, looking at the blue eye. So beautiful and clear. He sits there for the rest of the meal wondering how he can approach the subject to Katie. And other things as well.