Chap. 32: Excuses

(Warning: contains nasty male talk that may seem offensive to ladies like myself.)
*Katie's POV*

          Have you ever heard people having sex in the other room and it was right in the middle of a #2? Well, I was sitting there doing my businesses, texting Adora and Halee, when I heard a wall banging sound. I was confused at first, and quite alarmed, but then the banging became a pattern. I quickly finished up and stepped out to hear distant moaning in the guest bedroom beside the bathroom. My cheeks burned pink with embarrassment and I quickly skedaddled out of there. 
           As I turned he corner to enter the living room, I heard my name. And it was not Chris's voice. So I quickly hid behind the corner and listened in.
            "Bro, he's went four months without sex with her!" I think the voice belongs to either Jason or Joshua, probably Joshua... "I mean, what a bitch! I figured since she was so young and hot that he'd already bagged her and been done with her."
        "I actually feel kind of bad for walking in on them this afternoon. The asshole really needs some of that tight little ass." That's Dominique. For sure.
               My cheeks burn hot, I put my cool fingers over them to cool them down. What they're saying is so rude! It's none of their business if Chris and I have sex. And I can't help but squirm at the fact they've been looking at my ass—BUTT! I meant butt! I quickly get my phone out and record this for—later. Wow, I'm beginning to sound like Halee and Mercedes.
                  "And he told us to 'watch our language'? What the hell! I can say whatever the f**k I want. It's a free country!" Dominique says angrily, scaring me. "And Chris thinks it's so cute when she told us to be quiet. I wanted to throw her over my lap and give her a proper spanking. Girl probably cry like a baby."
     "Actually, Bro, you said it first. She just agreed." It's Jason, definitely. "And he just needs to end things like we told him to. He's going to be in a long-term relationship with no sex and she's going to break his heart and he'll regret wasting his time for some little bitch who doesn't even know what coloring book to choose. The kitties or the rainbow."
                  That's MEAN! I HATE coloring and besides, I like Lisa Frank coloring books anyways. What? They have the BEST stickers.
               Dominique chuckles. "I bet her kitty TIGHT. Like, really tight. So tight, Chris'll go numb after a few hard thrust. She's screaming out 'it hurts Papí! oh it hurts!' and Chris's wondering how the hell he can make it the hospital for his blue balls."
             I put my hand over my mouth to keep from sobbing. That's so degrading and hurtful. If I wasn't already in tears, I would confront them.
              "You know, I'm going to feel bad for him this weekend when he takes her to New York." Jason says with a laugh, "He's only taking her so he can get laid."
             Oh, my God. That broke every part of me. I quickly turn and hurry back to the bathroom. Andrew and Scott are just coming out of the guest bedroom, faces flushed.
            "Katie?" Scott says concerned.
            I shut the bathroom door and lock it. Warm, salty tears roll down my hot cheeks. It stings my skin. There's a knock at the door. Can the world just go away?!
            "Katie, are you okay?" Andrew says concerned, "Do I need to go get Chris?"
            "No." Tears fall down my cheeks as my voice breaks, "I-I'm fine."
             Why do people treat me like a child? Do I need him to go get my mommy or daddy? That's what it sounds like! And why do I let everything get to me? I seem like a crybaby now, hiding in the bathroom because somebody said something mean about me. Pathetic. That only makes me feel worst. Suddenly, there's another knock at the door.
             "Katie, Honey?" CRAPORITO! The sound of Chris's tender voice makes me panic, my heart racing at a painful pattern in my chest. "Baby, please open the door."
             My heart racing a mile a minute in my chest, I quickly wipe my warm tears away with my hands. I fix my messy hair to make it look neater. Hurriedly, I splash cool water on my face to cool down. I pat my cheeks with a clean hand towel (forgot word).
            "Katie." The door knob shakes, Chris sounds even more worried. "Open the door. Now! You're scaring me. Please, Honey."
           "Hold on!" I try to gain what little confidence back, "I'm almost done."
           Something hits the door. It sounds like it was Chris's hand. Slowly and hesitatingly, I unlock the door— I am knocked back against the wall as Chris barges in. Everything happens so fast, one minute I'm at the door, then I'm in Chris's arms as he holds me tight against him. One hand is pressing me tight against him while the other is gently cradling the side of my face.
"Princess, why are you crying?" Those blue eyes, that dreamy stare, the tender voice of concern, his thumb rubbing my salty tears in my skin— "Baby. Stop! Stop crying."
Stop calling me Baby! I'm NOT a baby! I'm an adult! An adult whose crying over what somebody said. I'm more like a fetus.
I shake my head at him, closing my eyes. "B-But I c-can't."
Does anybody else hate it when your voice cracks? It's hard on the heart and ears. I think I get so emotional because I've never had my heart broken and I try to be nice to everyone and then it backfires on me.
"Shh." Chris kisses my cheek, swaying us as I'm cocooned in his arms. "Stop crying, Katie. Just tell me what happened."
Chris won't stop until I give him an answer. And if I don't say something soon, I'll spill everything to Chris and a big scene will happen. The idea scares me.
    I lie. "I had to go."
Chris gives me a confused look, his thumb caressing my cheek. His hand lightly slides down a little bit on my back. Craporito! I feel so weak in the knees right now, being held so firmly in Chris's big man arms.
"You had to...go?" He pulls a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Yeah, the chili didn't agree with me." I half lie, I crapped before all this started. "It REALLY hurt my stomach."
Relief flows over Chris's face. He closes his eyes as he nods and chuckles, lightly throwing his head back. He leans down so our noses bump each other.
"You want to hear something?" Chris says as he struggles to bend down to my height, oh my god. "It didn't agree with me either."
Chris kisses me firmly, holding me close as our lips press together hard. Suddenly, my feet are dangling in the air as Chris holds me up on his strong arms. CRAPORITO HE IS STRONG!!!
"Chris?" I say with a heavy heart, "I can't go with you to New York."
            Chris freezes for a moment before putting me back down. "No need to worry, Honey. I already called your new boss and explained about the cause. He was VERY impressed."
No! "But—"
            "Oh, Baby." Chris leans down and lightly kisses my neck, "It's going to be so romantic. Just the two of us..."
            SO JASON WAS RIGHT! "I can't go! I don't own anything THAT nice or expensive. AND I won't have you buying me one either."
              "Katie, I need to spoil my girl—" Chris starts.
               "I won't hear of it!" I say seriously, "Besides, you'll be too preoccupied with the party and you're guest and charity—I won't see much of you. I can find another way to get to New York."
               Chris's eyes and face goes soft. "But I want to give you everything you deserve, Baby. I'm the only one allowed to. But you have to let me."
                 "I won't belong there." I try harder to stop this sinful weekend, I kiss Chris's lips softly. "I better go."
               Chris puts his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. "Stay. Please, Princess. Don't leave me now."
               I hug Chris, receiving a bear hug in return. He kisses the top of my head, his hand running through my hair. I must go or I'll show him the video and cause a scene. I'm just not that type of person to cause drama (unlike the author who loves to write it).
                "I'll call you later, Baby." I kiss his chest for the longest time, "I hope you have a safe trip."
             Chris gently grabs my shoulders. "You have to go! I was going to make it romantic for us. I planned it all out."
Romantic enough to get into my panties. But would it be so bad? Losing my virginity in New York? Jason and Dominique's conversation runs through my head. I shake my head at Chris, whose eyes are furrowed and worried.
"Call me when you land, Baby." I say softly, walking out of the bathroom.
As I make my way out, I make eye contact with Andrew and Scott who stands in the living room doorway. I go to the kitchen and grab my car keys, waving goodbye to them. Chris stands in the hall looking at me with sad eyes. I give him a kissy face before I walk out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Third Person POV*

"Why'd Katie leave?" Andrew says to Chris as he walks into the living room.
"I don't know." Chris says sadly, "Do you have plans the next five days?"
Andrew shakes his head. "No, not really. Why?"
"Well, Katie isn't going to New York with me." Chris plops down in his recliner chair, propping his head up with his arm. "She kept making excuses about why she shouldn't go. Like that she doesn't have a dress—even after I told her I would buy her one, and that she doesn't belong and that I'll be too preoccupied to spend time with her."
Jason smirks. "She passed up a free trip to New York? AND you offered to buy her a dress? I've never heard of any female in her right mind passing up an opportunity like that."
Jamal snickers dirtily. "Unless she was preoccupied herself."
Chris gives him a confused look. "What is that supposed to mean?"
"I didn't mean anything by it." Jamal sees the look on Chris's face, "I was just joking that she may have somewhere else to go this weekend with somebody else she wouldn't want you to know about. Maybe another guy."
"Katie would never cheat on me!" Chris snaps at him, "She would—"
Suddenly, an idea pops into Chris's mind. Ian's party. Ian, his younger cousin, invited Katie to his ridiculous party and he had been very flirty with her. Could Katie have the intentions on cheating with Ian? Ian IS around Katie's age, she was being quite tolerant of Ian when they were at his parents house. But would Katie cheat on Chris? He immediately discards the question. But it still makes Chris suspicious.