Chap. 41: Too Far

(Picture of Above)
*Katie's POV*

"The guys are coming over." Chris's voice turns serious.
NO! I put my hand on his. "I was hoping maybe we could be alone."
"Katie," Chris says even more serious as he drives down the road "you let me handle them, okay? They're going to get rough and pissed that you filmed their conversation. Just stay close and let me expose the bastards."
I give Chris a look. "Language!"
"Sorry." Chris rolls his eyes with a small smile, "But I know it's going to be a fight and I want you to be there. Maybe you can calm my nerves."
"How can I be of service?" I arch my brow, smiling mischievously.
Chris smirks. "I won't allow it to get reckless if you're there. If it does, I'll throw them out or call the police."
Well that's drastic. "What's so hard about apologizing? Can't they just apologize for—"
"Dom doesn't apologize to ANYONE. Not even his ex-wife that he put in a wheelchair when he got too drunk." I don't say anything, questioning his friend making skills. "He would turn tables and throw it all on you. And Jason is a complete ass."
"Maybe I should wait in another room." I bite my lip, "Your bedroom perhaps."
Chris lightly smirks at me. "You can take a nap if you want, Babygirl. But I want you to wait until their gone."
A nap is NOT what I had in mind but he will find out soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit next between Andrew and Balsey on the couch. The guys sit on the other couch and Chris's favorite recliner across the coffee table. Joshua stare at me with a nasty smile, making me shift in my seat uncomfortably.
Jamal is the first to speak. "What's going on? Why did you bring us here on a Wednesday? You know, I was in the middle of talking with my father in the state penitentiary—"
"Shut your cake hole, Jamal." Chris says annoyed, standing behind me. "I had all of you come here in the middle of a Wednesday because I need to know what's really been going on behind my back."
Everyone but Andrew an I exchange confused looks. They look to us for an answer but we keep a poker face. I look down into my lap, dread eating at me as Chris's hands grip my shoulders. He's shaking.
"What do you mean?" Jason says, his eyes focused on us.
Chris clears his throat. "I heard that two of my friends, possibly more, have been inappropriately talking behind my back about things they have NO BUSINESS TALKING ABOUT!"
The guys all look to me, causing my blood to drain from my face. Andrew puts his hand over mine. He looks at Chris behind him.
"I just want an apology." Chris says slowly, "An apology to me, and an apology to Katie."
The guys give him a bewildered look of confusion. I keep my red lips sealed. Chris said he had me and he wouldn't let it go too far.
"Why should be be apologizing to y'all?" Jamal says annoyed, "I can't think of one reason why I would have to apologize to your pasty, white, inbreed asses."
Chris's grip on my shoulders tighten. How did Chris meet these guys? They're terrible!
"Listen, Bro." Jason says calmly, smiling nervously at Chris. "I don't know where his is coming from but we've been nothing but respectful to you AND your new girlfriend."
"Well, little birds told me different." Chris says firmly, "And I believe their word against yours."
The guy's mouths all drop. My hands get sweaty and cold. Balsey looks between Chris and me confused. I wish I could tell him he's not apart of this. Or write a little note that explains part of this.
Jason roses from his seat angrily. "You're seriously going to believe some prude Tween Bop you started dating six minutes ago? Over your friends you've known since COLLEGE?! Bro, wake up! Whatever she said to you or whatever love spell she has you under, she's lying!"
"Oh really?" Chris says eerily calm, "Is that so?"
Dominique backs his friend up. Of course, they're the culprits! Andrew squeezes my hand, helping to hold me down as Chris's firm hands press me down hard on the couch. I'm unable to move at all now. They've got me locked in.
"We've barely even spoken to her!" Dominique jabs a slinger finger at me, his eyes fiery. "She a lying, Chris. She a lying."
"We need to talk this out, alright?" Jamal says with panic in his dark eyes, "Can she just tell us what we did? Maybe refresh our memories."
Chris's hands grip me tighter, pinching my nerves. He must notice my discomfort because he lets up a bit.
"No, she doesn't have to say anything." Chris says coldly, "We just need an apology."
Dominique gives Chris an offended look. "For what? Interrupting Baby and Daddy time?"
My blood goes cold and my eyes shoot straight up at Dominique. That was too far. But point proven.
"Listen, this doesn't have to get ugly guys." Adam speaks for the first time since he got here, She's just some girl Chris is dating. She's doing this on purpose. Whatever they're talking about, it's made up. Okay, Chris? We're sorry. Youngin'? We're sorry. Can we watch whatever is on now?"
Chris lets out a scoff like chuckle. It sends chills down my back. We all wince at that dry sound.
"Dom? Jason? Can you explain this video?"Chris lets go of me, my shoulders being set free.
The tv screen on the wall turns on. The video I recorded begins to play. I don't dare look anyone in the eyes. I wish I could escape from this fight that's about to start. That's being conjured up now as everybody watches the video.
                  "And he told us to 'watch our language'? What the hell! I can say whatever the f**k I want. It's a free country!" Dominique had said angrily, scaring me at that time. "And Chris thinks it's so cute when she told us to be quiet. I wanted to throw her over my lap and give her a proper spanking. Girl probably cry like a baby."
         Both Andrew and Balsey shift uncomfortably beside me. I can feel someone's eyes burning through my skull. Chris's hands gently pulls my hair back out of my face and off my shoulders.
     "Actually, Bro, you said it first. She just agreed." Jason scoffs a WHAT THE HELL? across the coffee table. "And he just needs to end things like we told him to. He's going to be in a long-term relationship with no sex and she's going to break his heart and he'll regret wasting his time for some little bitch who doesn't even know what coloring book to choose. The kitties or the rainbow."
              The guys all make a light coughing sound and shift uncomfortably in their seats. Chris still remains behind me. I wish he would let me go to the bedroom to take an actual nap. This is stressing me out.
              I slightly see Dominique glaring at me in the corner of my eye. "I bet her kitty TIGHT. Like, really tight. So tight, Chris'll go numb after a few hard thrust. She's screaming out 'it hurts Papí! oh it hurts!' and Chris's wondering how the hell he can make it the hospital for his blue balls."
          Balsey makes the horse sound with his lips, scratching the back of his head. He loudly gulps his spit. I can't help but notice that his hands are slightly shaking. Then it dawns on me. He's an alcoholic and needs a drink. The video ends.
           Dominique quickly begins to scream at us. "She had no right to record our conversation! That was a private conversation!"
              "Yeah, Bro." Jason says annoyed, "We didn't say anything TO her. This is so high school level drama, Chris. If she doesn't like what we said, she shouldn't have been listening."
               "No, you made her feel uncomfortable in my house." Chris growls, "And you talked about me too."
             The two men scoff and snicker at Chris. They shake their heads angrily. The room is so tense now. I want out. I want to run free from this mess. THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL CHRIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!
            "You made Katie so uncomfortable that she didn't go to New York with me." I wince at his words.
            The guys smirk at Chris nastily. "So that's why your panties are far up your small ass, Chris?"
           I can't help but stare at Jason as he talks. My heart pounds in my ears.
           "You didn't get any last weekend cause she found out the real reason why you asked her there." I shift in my seat uncomfortably at Jason's words, my cheeks red. "That's not our fault, Chris. She could have still went. We didn't make that decision for her."
           "I don't hear an apology." Chris says coldly, "You had no right to talk about our business. You had no right to talk about  Katie as if she were a 9 year old and I'm some pedophile who wants to take advantage of her."
          Dominique gives him an icy smile. "Don't you though?"
           "You're all full of shit." Chris says angrily, slapping his hands on the couch "Your ego's are so far up your ass—"
            "Watch your language." Dominique mocks Chris, "Lil' Princess is present."
             I can't take this anymore. I can't hear one more insulting thing about me. They are just taking shots at each other and it's getting preschool level. I quickly stand up and walk out of the living room.
            "Where the hell are you going, Little Miss?" Jason screams after me, "Isn't this what you wanted?!"
            "Shut up!" Chris screams angrily at him as I scurry out of there, "Shut up, Coin!"
            Their voice become distant as I rush through Chris's house. I finally find his bedroom, which is the farthest room in the house. It's so cozy. It needs a woman's touch to make it look less like a hotel room, but it's cozy. I sit down on the bed and wait for Chris to come find me. I feel like all of this is my fault. Maybe I shouldn't have videoed them talking about Chris and I. But they just went too far.