Chap 81: Through The Years

(Picture of new house above pt.
1/2)
*Third Person*

               As the days turned into weeks, Chloe grew to a normal and healthy size. She ate more and slept longer. She was a living, breathing miracle to everyone who knew of her. Especially to her parents and their dog, Copper. Copper and Chloe had a bond since the moment they had met. He has protectively stuck by her side ever since the first time they met.
        As weeks turned into a year, Chloe's birthday came. Tara Lou Janes being head of the party, Chloe's first birthday celebration was huge. She invited everyone with a small child or the family. The party's theme was twinkle little star mixed with a heaven like decorations. It annoyed Katie, due to the fact it was supposed to be a small gathering with a cake and a few presents. He mother of the sweet baby thought Tara had went overboard, but none of the less, Chloe smashed her face into a piece of cake. The entire night was filmed and pictures were taken.
           As the first year of Chloe's life ended, she continued to grow into the second. She took her first steps toward her uncle, Andrew, after he came to his brother and sister-in-law over his breakup with his long term boyfriend of 6 years. Chloe said her first words to Copper, calling him "Da-Da".
        Lauren had planned her granddaughters second birthday for an entire year. Chloe's second birthday was a garden party themed, all catered by Tara Lou James and her sweet treats. It was elegant and probably a little too fancy for the little girl, but her grandmother wanted to host at least one of her granddaughter's birthday celebrations.
           As the third year of Chloe's life continued, their house flooded with mud and heavy rainwater. Katie and Chris grabbed their child and dog, driving to Steven and Lauren's house for shelter. They had lost everything they had in the flood, including their wedding rings. It devastated both Katie and Chris, losing their home and their child's things. Chris decided to build a new home that would be safe and perfect for their little girl to grow up in.
         The two spouses renewed their vows and bought new rings to replace the ones they lost. A small ceremony at a vineyard was hosted by Lauren, who still despised the idea of his son marrying a woman who was half his age and poor. It was all quite beautiful.
         It took a year and a half to build the new house, despite the large size. It drove both Lauren and Katie crazy to live together that long, both glad to finally to have the small family leave to their new house. They quickly adjusted to their new house, glad to be farther away from his parents than they were before. They decorated their home and made it feel more like a home.
        As Chloe's 5th birthday passed, the weight of not being able to have anther child weighed down on Katie. Chris tried to make her happy as much as he could, of course, but there was a void that could not be filled. If only there was a way to solve this problem and make his wife happy again. To make her feel like a vibrant, sexy woman again. Unless—