Chap. 27: Wow

(Picture of silly Katie Morgan Above)
*Katie's POV*

               "Wow." Halee says flabbergasted at my words.
                Adora squeals. "Damn, does he have a hot cousin or—"
                I chuckle at them. I called a few of my friends over to tell them what Chris had told me. All they can say is WOW or Whoa. Which is how I feel.
                 "Okay...take it from somebody who has made A LOT of mistakes so far in her life." Halee says adult like, "Honey, you don't need to feel guilty about this. HE even doesn't want you to feel guilty about this! It seems like to me that he wants you to be comfortable so when he finally gets you in the sack, you can't say it was rape."
             Whitney, Adora, and Kayla all give Halee an annoyed look. That really is annoying. She really had me up until the very end.
            "I just want it to be special, you know? I don't expect the fantasy where it's all perfect and it doesn't feel or sound awful. Or awkward. But I do want it to be memorable." I sigh, "I hope Chris understands that."
               "Where's Tara and 'Cedes?" Whitney says suddenly.
                I shrug. "Oh their right across the—HOLY CRAPORITO! WHY AM I JUST SITTING HERE?!"
                 I spring up out of my spot on the floor and dash across the living room. I burst through Tara's apartment door. Both Tara and Mercedes jump, their attention on their tv show nonexistent.
          "WHAT THE HELL, KATIE?" Mercedes screams at me.
           I speed over and grab a throw pillow on the floor, swinging it like a baseball bat. Tara and Mercedes both cover their faces as I begin to beat Tara with her own throw pillow. She squeals as I violently smack her with the plush pillow. Mercedes gets in on the deal and helps me beat this girl. Revenge is sweet, I tell you.
              When I'm done brutally beating Tara with her own plush living room pillow, I throw it aside. My war was fought. I won. Tara looks up at me in shock.
                I point my finger at her. "That's for blabbering to everyone about me losing my job and then telling everybody about my personal business about Chris!"
                 I start to head out when I curiously rummage through her cabinet. I steal an unopened bag of nacho cheese flavored Doritos. I walk out unashamed and proud.
                When I get back to my apartment, everyone ask why I viciously attacked Tara.
               "Because one day Tara is going to tick the wrong person off and they're gonna hurt her." I open the bag of Doritos, "That day might as well be today."
              Whitney gives me a snug look. "And the Doritos?"
              "What?" I shrug, my mouth full. "I'm hungry and on my period."