Chap. 96: The Worst Time Of The Year

(Picture of  Eaton Family Above)
*Katie's POV*
~ 1 1/2 months later~

             A distant thunder like sound wakes me up. The sky is dark outside the window. I stretch—WHOA! Strong arms wrap around my body tightly. Lips brush against my neck, something poking my butt cheek. My cheeks burn bright as Chris snuggles me closer to his chest.
             "Happy Birthday, Baby." Chris sits up, letting shift into my back. "Mmm, think we can sneak a few minutes in?"
                I grumble. "This is the worst time of the year."
                "Awww, Katie, Baby." Chris smirks, brushing the hair out of my face. "You're 29! The big 2 9!"
                I quickly turn and bury my face into the pillow. "Leave me alone, I'm old."
               Suddenly, my butt is smacked. OUCH! I glare up at Chris, who winks at me seductively. Who does Chris think he is? It's MY birthday!
                 "Considering my past experiences with this awful day, can we just NOT celebrate me?" I whine, "I don't know if I'm even sick yet!"
                   So here's the deal about my birthday, it SUCKS! Every birthday of every year of my life ends up being a disaster or a disappointment. I mainly hate it because it's so close to Christmas, 7 days before to be exact. And every year, SOMETHING always happens that ruins it. I usually get sick and have to go to the doctor, OR drama starts. Like the first year that Chris and I was married, Chris wanted to throw a conjoined party that was half my birthday and half Christmas. I had walked into the party and saw it wasn't JUST for me, and, as selfish as it may seem, I picked Chloe up and went home. Yeah, I know. But you don't understand! Growing up, my family would conjoin Christmas and my birthday A LOT to save money. So I never had a birthday of my own. EVERYONE got a gift and many of my presents were stolen by my cousins. They sung me a little Happy Birthday but then everyone ignored me after. One year, my birthday was skipped entirely because we had to go to a funeral. I didn't get any presents because my parents were too occupied to wrap them in time. So I got more for Christmas, until Paulina stole over half of my presents and damaged what was left. So, to make myself even more clear, I HATE MY BIRTHDAY! And conjoining a birthday and Holiday is cruel on a child that leaves them with inner scars.
             "Trust me, Baby." Chris kisses my shoulder, "I'm going to make this the BEST birthday!"
               I groan. "I doubt that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris and I wrestled around in the bed for an hour or so before Chloe came knocking at our door. Then Chris reluctantly let me go. But I know Chris is up to something for my birthday. I knew it the moment he told us not to come home all day and have me his credit card to go Christmas shopping. What man in his right mind would give a woman the key to his money? One that has a secret! AND considering it's my birthday, I can only be a surprise Birthday party.
Sipping on my white hot chocolate with a hit of eggnog extract (non-alcoholic), I watch as Chloe swings back and forth on the swing set at the park. She's going to be so surprised this Christmas, as will Chris.
I bought Chloe new clothes and a mini doll house. It was hard to sneak it past her but the employees really helped a lot. I know, I'm a bad parent for letting my child stay with strangers like that. Trust me, I was quick and paranoid the ENTIRE TIME! Chris should have came with me, but he's planning a "surprise" party for me and I have to at least let him have the fun.
Speaking of Chris, I got him tickets to see a basketball game in late January. I couldn't help but buy him a new suit to wear at work and a pink speedo to embarrass him. I'm going to make sure I get him back for last Christmas when he gave Chloe the Frozen soundtrack. All I heard for months was "LET IT GO LET IT GO!" and "Love is an open DOOR!" Sickening, right? Anyways, this is going to embarrass him because all of his immediate family, besides Lauren, is going to be there with a few friends. When they all see him
Chloe jumps off the swings and runs to me with open arms. I pull her onto my lap, smoothing down her dress.
"Mama, I wanna go home." Chloe whines, "I want Papa."
I run my hand over her hair. "I know, Bebe. But Papa doesn't want us to come home until later."
Chloe gives me a confused look. "Why?"
Ugh, Chloe is at that stage where she asks me that after I tell her ANYTHING! Calm down, Katie. Remain calm. Chloe buries her head into my chest, yawning. She's sleepy. It's time for her nap. I lean back on the park bench and decide to call Chris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's no cars in front of the house, besides Loni and Andrew. Odd. I carry sleeping Chloe to the front door of the house. The black balloon she got at the clothing store is tied to her wrist. Out of all the colors to choose, Chloe wanted black! Oh well. I put the key in the lock, struggling to get the door opened. I hope that big ball of fur Lauren have Chloe isn't in the house. I strictly told Andrew to leave that mutt at his house.
When I finally get the door to open, I can see that the house is dark. No! They're going to wake Chloe. I roll my eyes and walk inside, closing the door behind me. Knowing the game, I don't turn on the lights. I walk to Chloe's bedroom and lay her down for her nap. She is drooling already. Just like her Papa.
I walk through the house, being slow as I walk down the hall. I don't hear anything or anybody. Odd. As I walk around into the living room, I hear a small sound. It makes my heart race. Suddenly, I am blinded by light and shouts. I fall back onto the floor in shock, grasping my chest. Suddenly—OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!
Tears swell in my cheeks. "Mama, Papa!"
I quickly stand to my feet and hug them tightly. Then Carmella and her husband Logan appear. They hug me tight. Then a little girl around Chloe's age appears, tugging on Logan's sleeve. My mouth goes agap. I bend down, covering my mouth excitedly. She buries her face into Logan's khaki pants.
               "Hola! You must be Camilla." I say excitedly, "I'm your prima Katie."
              "Camilla Rose EuBanks." Carmella says with rosy cheeks, "Say Hola to your prima Katie."
                "¿Hola?" She says shyly, insure.
                I look around at everyone. "How did you all get here?"
                "How do you think?" A familiar, sexy voice says behind me.
              I turn to see Chris standing there with a smile on his face. He got me! Chris really got me! I bite my lip.
               "You flew them out?"
              "Yep." Chris pulls me into his chest, beaming down at me. "Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas."
I wrap my arms around Chris's neck, kissing him. Papa groans behind me. I turn to see him rolling his eyes.
                 "Not even an hour in and I see him pawing at my only child."

Sorry for not writing for a while. I've been busy. I hope you enjoyed and will continue to read my stories. Plus, where's @MagnificentGirl ?