Chap. 18: Most Aren't Though

(Picture of Hannah Striker Above)
*Katie's POV*

              Hannah has been breathing down my neck all day. I sent the designs for her clients as soon as I clocked in. I ran all of her ridiculous errands such as took her evil Chihuahua to get er nails done, paid her house payment, and got her favorite latte. Do you want to hear something SO hilarious? Hannah changed her mind on which flavor latte she wanted so I had to run and get that one.
             "KALEE!" The shrilling sound of Hannah's voice makes me jump.
              God, was I asleep? I wipe the drool off my lips, disgusted with myself. Hannah stomps over to me, her brown eyes fiery. Oh no.
          "Wake your lazy ass up!" Hannah's hands slam against my desk, making me angry. "Gaurdo needed his designs twenty minutes ago AND YOU'RE SLEEPING!"
           My blood boils over in my veins. I'm too tired for this abuse. Before I know it, I fly up out of my seat and I spit poison from my lips.
            "You should show me more respect. I do EVERYTHING for you! I don't have time to do MY work because I'm running YOUR personal errands that I should call into Corporate about." I say angrily, "About how abusive you are and how you have DOUBLED my hours because a good looking man with money sends me flowers instead of you."
            Hannah crosses her arms. "Get out, you're fired."
              A hysterical laugh escapes my lips, scaring both Hannah and myself. She stares at me confused, putting her hands on her thin hips.
             "Do you think this is funny? I just fired you!" She says annoyed.
          I grab my purse. "I'm just imagining your voice when your life is falling apart because I'm not running it for you anymore."
            Without another word, I walk to the elevator and don't look back. My heart pounds, my blood racing in my veins. I just burned my bridge and I'm on shaky ground right now. Hannah begins to scream at me but I ignore her shrill like voice. I step inside the elevator and press the button with the A and star key beside it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          "Oh, my Gosh!" Tara exclaims with wide blue eyes, her mouth wide open.
         I lay on my unmade bed with my head hanging off at the foot (of the bed). When I came home after being brutally fired, I called corporate and ratted Hannah out. I told them about the abusive behavior, the unfair work schedule and errands, and the persistent negative workspace. I sent them the text messages between Hannah and I that I could find. They confirmed that they would investigate everything and to keep my cell on.
         So I changed into sweatpants and ate A LOT of junk food. And I mean, A LOT A LOT. Tara came over to me puking up strawberry ice cream and the bologna sandwich with cool ranch Dorito chips. Yeah, it doesn't taste so good coming out than it is going in.
           "And Halee missed it." Tara says, still in shock, "What are you going to do? Are you going to go work with Chris now?"
            I shake my head. "I don't know what I'm going to do. But I don't think I will work for Chris and his company."
            Tara gives me a confused look. "Why? I know you said that it would be weird if you broke up, but you NEED a job."
            "I know, but I want to do something that I love." I sigh, "I love kids and writing. Maybe I can work in a daycare or someplace like that. Just until I can get enough money to figure out what I truly want to do."
            "Aren't you, like, loaded?" Tara says confused, "Don't you have over 20 thousand dollars in your savings account?"
               "Over 32 thousand—but whatever." I roll my eyes, "I'm not touching that money until I'm for sure going to use it on something that isn't wasteful and something that will last."
                Tara nods. "I wish I was as wise as you."
               Most aren't though.