Chapter Four: Christmas Eve

{Zayn's POV}

I wake up to the theme tune of Charlie and Lola and a heavy weight on my chest. When I open my eyes Ellie is sitting on my lap, eating a banana and watching Charlie and Lola. So... I fell asleep on the couch again obviously.

"Good morning Baba." I mumble and Ellie glances at me, smiles, and then goes back to watching Charlie and Lola. I chuckle and sit up, placing Ellie down on the couch before heading upstairs to shower. 

Whilst I'm in the shower I hear little footsteps and when I look through the glass Ellie is sitting on the bathroom floor, colouring in. I wipe the glass a little so I can see her properly and she looks at me. 

"What are you doing?" I ask her. "What happened to Charlie and Lola?" I ask. Ellie shrugs and continues to colour in. I can't help but chuckle at how adorable she is.

{Liam's POV}

"Happy Birthday dear Louis and Asha! Happy Birthday to you!" We finish singing and then clap for them both as they blow out the candles on their seperate cakes. Five years old for Asha, twenty- nine years old for Louis. 

We all share around the cake, something we've been doing a lot of lately, eating cake that is, and then sit around in a circle. 

I help Zuri eat her cake, which she does without making a single bit of mess, unlike Ellie who gets cake everywhere, even in her ear. 

"Geez Baba, making enough mess?" Zayn asks her and I laugh a little. Ellie giggles and then Zuri and her run off to play with Asha upstairs. 

"So guys, you're coming at what time tomorrow?" Louis asks. We're all having Christmas lunch together at Louis and Eleanor's place. 

"Twelve I think we said?" I reply and everyone nods. "Twelve it is then." I smile. Dani and I are bringing a pasta salad and some wine, along with plenty of Christmas gifts for everyone.

"You guys watching the girls on the Paris Evening show tonight?" Harry asks walking back into the room with a bowl of chips. We all nod in response.

I think it's unfair they don't get to be here for Christmas. Jordan and Jordan are flying over to Paris but Harry, Zayn and Ellie are staying here. We'll just have to keep their minds off that factor tomorrow and all should be great!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Zayn's POV}

After Louis and Asha's birthday celebration this morning, I went to the supermarket with Ellie and now we're driving home.

Once we're home we un- pack the groceries together, bake a chocolate cake and then I take Ellie to the bathroom and un-change her. The bath runs and I put some bubble bath and bath toys into it. Ellie hops in and I kneel beside the bath.

“Dadda, can you get in too?” Ellie asks me. I eventually give in and take off my clothes, hopping into the bath with my two- year- old daughter.

We play with the bath toys and they’re all a little family. I then get Ellie to turn around and come near me. I wet her hair, watching where the water goes. I then squeeze some shampoo into it and rub it into her brown curls.

I then wash it out, protecting her eyes from the shampoo. Ellie turns around once it’s done and faces me. She stands up and traces the tattoos on my chest and arms.

Ellie runs her little finger over the tattoo of Perrie and then looks at me.

“I miss Mumma.” Ellie sighs. I nod and kiss her little nose.