Chapter Seven: Do it Again

{Perrie's POV}

"This probably looks like Harry and I are married and your our surrogate mother Perrie." Leigh whispers. Harry and I laugh a little. 

We probably look really weird right now because we've all got glasses on, Harry's wearing a beanie and there's three of us sitting here waiting for one ultrasound.

I feel really sick about this. I have a gut instinct something isn't going to be normal or what I was expecting. I know I should've told Zayn but I want to find out for sure before I go and tell him anything.

I see Dr. Erica walk into the room with her clipboard and she looks around the room and then points at me. I nod and stand up walking over to her. The other two follow behind and we head into the room, taking off our glasses.

"Hello Perrie," Dr. Erica smiles at me. "I see Zayn's had plastic surgery and Ellie grew up very quickly." Dr. Erica nods at Harry and Leigh. We all laugh and Dr. Erica shakes her head. "Hello Harry, Leigh- Anne." She shakes both of their hands and then asks me to get onto the bed.

Harry and Leigh sit down next to the bed and Harry takes my right hand in his big, warm hands. 

"So, how old is Ellie now?" Dr. Erica asks spinning around to face us. It's hard to think that Ellie's two years old now. It seems like only yesterday I was here for Ellie, not another baby.

"She's two." I reply and Dr. Erica nods. 

"Would it be rude to ask where Zayn is?" Dr. Erica places the gel onto the knob thing. 

"He doesn't know," Leigh replies for me. "I was around when Perrie took the test and Harry has big flappy ears and heard us talking yesterday." Leigh smiles. Dr. Erica laughs a little and Harry inspects his ears with his free hand. Oh my goodness Harry....

"Okay, if you could lift up your top a little." Dr. Erica says to me. I pull up my top a little to reveal my slightly rounded stomach. Harry smiles and Leigh just watches intently.

I shiver a little as Dr. Erica places the knob down onto my stomach but get used to it almost immediately. I squeeze Harry's hand with my right one and chew my fingers on my left.

I watch Dr. Erica hit a few buttons as she moves the knob around and her facial expression is suprised. What? Is there something wrong with the baby?

"What's wrong?" Leigh- Anne asks. 

"Nothing. But you tell me what you hear." Dr. Erica presses the button and the heartbeat starts. That feeling comes back, the one where you feel more joy inside you than before you heard the heartbeat, except it sounds strange...

"Does it have a heart problem?" Harry asks shocked. Dr. Erica laughs and shakes her head, turning the screen to us. I look at it and almost choke on my spit. 

"There's two!" Leigh exclaims the obvious. Two babies....Um. 

"Yeah," Dr. Erica replies smiling. "Identical twins." Dr. Erica smiles at me. I weakly smile back and Harry lets out a chuckle.

"Where?" He asks. Oh my deary dog Harold! I use my left hand to point out the two different babies in the same placenta and Harry 'ahhhs'. "Does that mean one is a boy and ones a girl?" Harry asks confused.

Dr. Erica shakes her head and Leigh laughs a little. "It means they're either both girls, or both boys and it's up to Perrie and Zayn whether they want to know which." Dr. Erica tells Harry. 

I shake my head and Dr. Erica wipes away the gel, heading off to get the scans. When she returns she gives a scan to Harry and Leigh to share and hands one to me. Harry and Leigh put on their glasses and walk ahead but I stay with Dr. Erica.

"When are you going to tell him?" She asks me, obviously referring to Zayn.

"Tonight," I reply. "When do I need to come back?" I ask.

"I'm guessing Zayn's going to want to see this all for himself so next month. We'll give you a due date and things then. At the moment though, you're two months pregnant." Dr. Erica tells me. OH HOLY DOG! Why can't I tell when I'm pregnant?

"Thanks," I smile at Dr. Erica. "See you soon." I add and she waves as I head out to the car that Leigh and Harry are waiting in. 

I get into the back and buckle myself up before they drive off. Two babies.... not what I was expecting AT ALL. One would be okay, two kids all up including Ellie. Twins, now we're going to have three kids under three by the end of the year.

Oh well.... 

{Zayn's POV}

"Where's Mumma?" Ellie whines as we sit on my bed, drawing pictures. I shrug and continue to draw my dog. Perrie's been sort of distant since she got home. Happy, but distant. Wouldn't let me watch her get changed and everytime I've been wrapping my arms around her waist she's been pulling out of my grasp.

I don't know why but I'm sure she has a reason, I'd like to know that reason though. 

"Hi," Perrie walks back into the room and hops onto the bed with us. Speak of the devil. "What are you drawing?" Perrie asks Ellie. Ellie shows Perrie her picture of what I think is a duck. "Cool!" Perrie smiles and Ellie hands her a pencil and bit of paper so she can draw to.

So, for half an hour we draw, laugh, talk and spend time as a family, something we don't get to do often. 

"Hey El, do you mind going downstairs and watching TV down there for a while?" Perrie asks Ellie. Ellie willingly agrees and skips off down the stairs. Why'd she send Ellie off? Perrie turns to me and I guess that she's going to tell me, I hope.

"I have to show you something," Perrie tells me and reaches for her back pocket. I sit there and she pulls out something I wasn't quite expecting to see. Perrie hands over the little square and I look at the ultrasound picture in my hands.

She's pregnant? I look up and smile at Perrie and she smiles back. I look back down at the scan and notice there's two babies, not one.

"T- twins?" I stutter and look back up at Perrie. She nods and I feel a whole heap of joy flood through my body. Yes, I'm a bit annoyed she didn't tell me right up, but I don't care at the moment. We're having twins!

"How far are you?" I ask Perrie. She holds up two fingers and I laugh. Two months again. So, that takes it back to October before I went to America. I swear I used protection but you know... "This is good, isn't it?" I ask Perrie.

Her eyes fill with tears and she nods. I wrap her into a big hug and then we fall backwards, so I'm on top of her, making us laugh. 

"Congratulations Boo," I smile and kiss her lips gently. I'm thrilled! Overjoyed actually. I gently pull away from Perrie's lips and just smile at her, moving some hair out of her face.

"Congratulations Zayn," Perrie pecks my lips. "Ready to go through it all again?" She asks. "Sleepless nights, nappy changing, stubborness, poop, vomit and all that stuff again, except there will be double, plus Ellie?" Perrie asks. I pause and think about that before turning back to face Perrie.

"Yeah." I nod and she laughs. "Are you showing?" I ask. Perrie nods and pushes me off her, pulling up her top a little to show me a tiny bump. I run my hand over her cold stomach and then look up at Perrie.

"Who knows?" I ask. She tells me that Harry and Leigh are the only two people who know. "Okay. Can we keep this our little thing for a while longer?" I ask. 

"I like that idea." Perrie replies just as Ellie barges into the room. I whip down Perrie's top and Ellie stands there, arms crossed and a pout on her face. "Yes Baba?" Perrie asks Ellie, laughing slightly.

"Lou Duck bit my toes!" Ellie exclaims. "And then he stole my banana!" She adds angrily. I try really hard not to laugh and get off the bed, going over to Ellie.

"Let's go tell him off then," I show Ellie to the door, turning around to Perrie whose just lying on the bed watching. "I DEFINATLEY want to do it again, even if it is double." I smile at Perrie before heading out of the room.

"Making the decision to have children- it is momentus. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body"- Elizabeth Stone.