Chapter Eighteen: Truthfully

{Perrie's POV}

I hold Ellie's hand as we walk through the hospital, following the directions Ella have me to get to her office. I have to be at the Syco Concert in an hour so this better be quick.

"Why are we here?" Ellie asks me as we come to Ella's office door. I tell Ellie for an important reason and she nods her head as I knock on the door.

Ella answers and leads me into the very nice office where there's two men standing. There's an older man who looks to be in his forties and a younger one who seems to be maybe a few years younger than me.

"Perrie, Ellie, this is Dr. Evan and Dr. Casper, they're from the DNA Department here," Ella introduces them and I smile at them both. "Evan, Casper, Perrie and Ellie." Ella introduces us.

"Lovely to meet you." Evan shakes my hand. "Hello cutie." He bends down and waves at Ellie. She waves back giving him a toothy grin and then stands back up again.

"So, Ellie is obviously the child in questioning. Ella explained why you got the DNA tests done and all that stuff," Dr. Evan starts. "She then asked me to check back through the results and we re- printed the results. Here you go." Dr. Evan hands over the envelope.

"I'm so sorry." Dr. Casper apologises and I give him a confused look.

"Casper is only new to the department," Dr. Evan steps in. "He was typing up two cases at once and got yours and another one mixed as he did it." Dr. Evan explains. "We're both sincerely sorry about the inconvenience this may have caused." Dr. Evan apologises.

"Thank you." I smile and both Dr. Evan and Dr. Casper leave the room. I turn to Ella and she smiles. "Do you know the results?" I ask Ella and she nods before walking away without a word.

"What was that about Mumma?" Ellie asks as I strap into her car seat. We headed straight out of the hospital and now we're going to head to the concert.

"Just something." I reply to Ellie and jump into the driver's seat and buckle myself up before turning on the car.

I grab the envelope and open it slowly before sliding the piece of paper out that is going to change everything again. I skip most of it and get to the results.

Perrie Edwards DNA and Ellie Malik DNA: Match.

Well we knew that for sure. I'm just hoping the next line is what I want.

Zayn Malik DNA and Ellie Malik DNA: Match.

"Thank you Lord God," I breathe out and place the sheet back into the envelope before placing it onto the passenger seat and driving of the hospital car park.

Now I'm angry. Angry that Zayn ever doubted me. The first thing I'm doing when I see him is giving him that sheet of paper.

{Louis' POV}

"Where's Little Mix?" Simon asks as we stand around for our pre- concert debrief. The girls haven't appeared yet and we're waiting for them.
"Sorry!" Jesy says as the four of them and Ellie run into the room. I look at the white envelope in Perrie's hands and they all smile at Simon to start. I look down at Ellie who is a spitting image of Zayn with Perrie's eyes. He might believe the results but I most certainly don't.

Zayn told me about it all and he's been staying at my house since Perrie told him to leave. I fully agree with Perrie but I still need to support Zayn because if the DNA tests are telling the truth, then he's going to go through a hard time- if he listens to Perrie explain the truth that is.

Simon chats for us and then clasps his hands together before looking at Perrie. "Is that the results?" Simon nods at the envelope.

"Yep! Here you go." Perrie hands him over the white envelope and Zayn and I glare at the white envelope as it reaches Simon's hands. What's Perrie doing?