Chapter Nine: Heartbeats

{Zayn's POV}

I rub Perrie's back as she continues to throw up into the toilet. Every morning, every night, every now and then- vomiting. Smells some types of food, eats some types of food, gets up too quick, feels tired, wakes up and just randomly vomits.

I feel bad that Perrie has to go through this. I need some sort of pain. I feel like all I had to do was enjoy the sex, impregnate Perrie and now wait, which makes me sound really bad and I hope I actually help out and do a lot more than that.

Perrie finishes vomit and leans up against the bathroom wall, sweating and holding her stomach. I squat in front of her and rub her knee soothingly.

"You okay?" I ask. Wow, what a stupid question Zayn. "I mean like, you know?" I ask. Perrie laughs a little and nods her head.

"All gone now." Perrie smiles and I chuckle, sitting next to her on the cold tile floor of our ensuite. "Just got to keep remembering that its all worth it in the end." Perrie rubs her stomach. I slide up her pyjama top and run my hand over her small three month pregnant bump. It's noticeable to us but not to others and Perrie's just been wearing jumpers and tops that don't hug her body.

After a few minutes Ellie barges into the room holding Duckie under her left arm and dragging along a basket. What on Earth?

Ellie pulls out a bucket, a pillow, one of Perrie's jumpers, a heat pack, a pair of my socks, a drink bottle and a banana from her basket. She's leaving home? Going for a hike?

"What is that Ellie?" Perrie asks, sitting up straight and pulling down her top.

"Uncle Hazza said I have to take extra special care of you Mumma!" Ellie exclaims. "I don't know wa- hy? But I make you feel better with this!" Ellie exclaims and points off all her stuff.

That's so cute! I chuckle and Perrie just smiles at our ridiculous but adorable daughter. "Come on El, out to the bed." I stand up and she runs out to our room. I pick up all the stuff, placing it back into the basket and then help Perrie up.

We head over to Ellie who is sitting on the bed, cross legged and holding Duckie in her small arms. We both sit down on the bed and Ellie looks up.

"Ellie, we have something to tell you," Perrie says. I have absolutely no clue what- so- ever how Ellie is going to react to this. I don't know if she's going to be happy, angry, jealous, mad, excited, confused?

"Otay." Ellie nods. "Are you dying Mumma?" Ellie asks Perrie. Oh deary me....

"No Ellie." I reply sighing. Where on the planet of Louis Tomlinson would she learn that sick people sometimes die- Louis Tomlinson. I'm kind of thinking he would've told her something along the lines that sick people sometimes die.

"Good." Ellie smiles with the duplicate of my smile.

"Ellie, you're going to be a big sister," I say to Ellie. I watch and wait for a reaction and Ellie smiles. "Do you understand that Baba?" I ask. For all I know what I just said could mean nothing to Ellie at all.

"Yes," Ellie nods. "Mumma's having a baby!" Ellie replies. Holy shit how does she know that? She's two but she knows what that means!

"Yes," Perrie nods, obviously as shocked as me. "But I'm having two babies." Perrie holds up two fingers. Ellie gasps and covers her mouth adorably.

"Is that scary?" I ask.

"No." Ellie replies.

"Are you excited?" Perrie asks. More like, 'are you going to accidentally kill one of them?'.

"Yes!" Ellie yells. "Where are they?" Ellie asks. I chuckle and Perrie points at her stomach. Ellie gives Perrie a confused look. "How'd they get in there?" Ellie asks. Perrie tries not to laugh and I bite my bottom lip.