Chapter Forty: Ten Years

{Perrie's POV}

Had to be green paint. It couldn't have been a different colour like white, that doesn't stand out on the khaki coloured walls, it had to be green.

I look at Zayn who is also looking at the wall with Ellie's handprint on it. The stair rail and floor around it now have permanent splats of green paint on them and the wall now has Ellie's hand print on it.

"You know what?" Zayn asks before walking off somewhere and then returning with the pot of paint. He wants to paint the whole wall this colour?

I watch as he removes the cap on the tin and then shoves his left hand down into the paint. Um.... What's he doin- Oh.

I look at the fresh large hand print on the left hand side of Ellie's hand print. Well then. It doesn't look that bad I guess.

I follow Zayn by shoving my right hand into the paint and then pressing my paint covered palm and inside of my fingers on the right hand side of Ellie's. I step back and have a look. Next are the twins.

Zayn and I wash our hands and he takes Lillie whilst I take Rosie and we carefully dip their little hands into the paint and mark the wall with their handprints, just below Ellie, Zayn and mine.

Once we've done that I take both the babies and wash their hands before heading back downstairs with them. Zayn trails behind and takes one twin as we place them into their little bouncing chair things that they lie in. (A/N: Are they called rockers? I have no clue?).

I sit in front of the two of them as they just lie in their rockers, taking in the world and their surroundings. It's amazing to think I was this little once upon a time and now in front of me are my own tiny beings, little babies that came from Zayn and I.

I feel arms wrap around me from behind and I look down to see the Zap! tattoo and other pieces of art inked into the tanned arms. I rest my head back on Zayn's chest and he places a gentle kiss on my neck.

"When can we have another one?" He asks in my ear. Another what? Dog? Kiss? Date? Baby- OH NO NO NO LOVE!

"I have to go meet the girls. Is that okay?" I ask, avoiding what he just asked because I have no clue what the heck to say. Zayn nods and I smile, making him smile back and place his lips against mine gently. I kiss him back and hold his face in my hands.

"Small people in room!" Ellie squeals and Zayn and I break apart to laugh at Ellie covering Lillie and Rosie's eyes and clamping her own eyes shut. I laugh and get out of Zayn's lap, picking up Ellie and swinging her around a few times before placing her on my hip as she laughs. 

"I have to go now. Be good for Dadda." I place a kiss on her forehead and then sit Ellie down. "Babye girls," I kiss Lillie and Rosie and then pat Zayn's quiff, making him slap my hands away like flies. "Bye handsome." I peck his lips and then grab my bag before heading to my car. 

{Jade's POV}

I look down at the ring on my finger and let out a deep breath. Being engaged is truly amazing. I never really thought about what it would be like... I mean, I always imagined Harry and I getting married one day and having a few kids, but I never actually pictured it to feel like this.

I remember Perrie saying years ago what the best thing about being engaged was. She said something along the lines of 'knowing you're going to be with someone you love forever' and to be honest, that is actually the best thing. 

I grab my bag and head around to Jesy's where the girls and I are meeting to celebrate a very important day for us. Ninth of August 2011 we were formed as a band, or somewhere around that date... (A/N: Jesy's tattoo says that so... lets roll with it!!! Anyone else seen that tat?).