(06) Planned attack Goes Wrong

Valerie, and Vierra walked down the halls of the Avengers tower happily chatting on whatever came to mind. "So..." Valerie cocked an eyebrow at the younger girl "What?"

"What's going on with you, and Uncle Steve?" Uncle Steve was a common nickname for Captain America, but it would never not be funny, and no one really knew why. "He doesn't like me. I'm pretty positive on that note. There's some blond chick. She's Peggy's grand niece."

"I'm sorry, Val." The said woman shrugged. "One of these days I'll find a guy I like that likes me back." Vierra grinned as they passed by Clint on the phone. "That's the spirit!"

"Vierra, Valerie. We may have a lead." The two girls turned to Steve, and nodded, their smiles replaced with serious expressions. They followed him over to a table where Natasha sat, and Tony, Thor, and Bruce stood next to it.

Thor pulled his daughter into a hug, and Steve handed the god of thunder a tablet with the picture of a dead Strucker. Vierra cringed at the sight of PEACE being spelled in Strucker's blood on the wall.

"What's this?"

"A message." Thor noticed his daughter's reaction, and handed the tablet to Tony. "Ultron killed Strucker."

"And, he did a banksy at the crime scene, just for us." Bruce looked over the shoulder of Tony to see the picture. "This is a smoke screen." Natasha stated, "Why send a message, when you've just given a speech?"

"Strucker knew something Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve nodded to Valerie. "I bet he— yeah. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased." Tony thought for a moment before a new idea came to mind. "Not everything."

✷𑁍✷

The Avengers searched through all of SHIELD's files on Strucker. Any files about, or related to the evil man. "Known associates." Steve dropped a new box onto the table. "Strucker had a lot friends."

"Well, these people are all horrible." Tony turned to the file Bruce was looking through. "Wait. I know that guy. From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." Steve gave Tony an annoyed expression, and Stark was quick to explain.

"There are conventions, alright? I meet people, I didn't tell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game changer. It was all very vague." Thor pointed to a mark on the back of the man's neck. "This?"

"Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it." Thor shook his head "No, those are tattoos. This is a brand." Bruce was quick to the computer. "Oh, yeah. It's a word in African dialect meaning thief in a much less friendly way."

"What dialect?"

"Wak-a-nada." Curiously, Vierra headed over to the computer reading the word. "Wakanda." She corrected "That's where Shuri is from."

"Who's Shuri?" Thor, and Valerie questioned in unison. Steve, and Tony didn't need to know who Shuri was, they were more focused on the thief. "You think this guy got out of Wakanda with some of its trade goods?"

"I thought your father said he got the last of it." Bruce stood up "I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?"

"The strongest metal on Earth."

"Where is this guy now?"

✷𑁍✷

All Vierra could hear was "Stark is a sickness." Vierra landed next to the Iron Man. "Aww, Jr. You're gonna break your old man's heart." Pietro was curious to find the young girl from the bunker was there.