(24) Bucky Breaks Out

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

  Valerie, and Steve ended up Sam's room. Valerie didn't know where T'Challa was, but she didn't really care. Sharon had let them see the file on Bucky once again, and Steve was scanning the picture.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Valerie looked to Steve curiously before turning back to Sharon. "Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?"

Valerie seemed to catch where Steve was going with his statement. "Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"Your saying someone framed him to find him?" Valerie pressed her lips together in a thin line pondering the thought. "Bucky said he wasn't in Vienna."

"Guys, we looked for the guy for two years, and found nothing."

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Valerie nodded turning to Sharon who Valerie had actually grown quite grateful towards. "Yes, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon's eyes narrowed, and Steve turned to the tv showing security footage of Bucky. "Yeah."

The power went out, and Valerie shook her head. "This isn't good, we have to get to Bucky." Steve turned to Sharon "Sub-level five, East Wing." Valerie stood up hurrying after Steve, and Sam.

Valerie could hear the doctor triggering Bucky from far away. She could hear him punching him, her hearth ached every time Bucky begged for the man to stop. "Do you hear them?" Valerie looked to Steve whilst they ran up the steps. "We need to get there, or else Bucky won't be Bucky."

Steve understood pushing himself to go faster. Valerie  stopped abruptly "He did it." Steve gulped running past Valerie "It's okay, Val. We can get 'em back." Valerie nodded willing herself to stop being mopey, and help Steve.

They ran past dozens of unconscious guards when Valerie caught onto a smaller weaker sounding voice coming from Bucky's cell room. "Help me." Steve stormed over "Get up." The Captain didn't give the man time to actually stand up, instead grabbing him by his shoulders, and lifting him into the air ramming him into the wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall." Sam stepped out of the room scanning the area, ducking just in time to dodge Bucky's punch.