(28) Don't Follow the Rules

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

"Well, you should've thought about that before you disobeyed the one rule I gave you." Vierra rolled her eyes, flames billowing at her fingertips. "I said I didn't want to hurt you, that doesn't mean I won't." Tony, and Vierra blasted each other at the same time, their energy's fighting for dominance over the other.

Vierra was about to win when, Rhodey blasted her from the back forcing her to her knees. Vierra's full eyes went gold instead of just her pupils, and water swirled around her body, the rocks coming up from the back, and doing the same the water just in time the fire to do follow the circular pattern around her.

She thrust out both of her hands, and Rhodey, and Tony were thrown off to the side. Valerie, and Bucky were back to fighting T'Challa, but with Valerie's help, they were actually beating him.

"Clint can you get him off of me?"

"Buckled In?" Scott's dorky voice played through Vierra's earpiece. "Yeah, I'm good, I'm good, arrow guy." Vierra laughed.

Vierra, and Valerie went around helping whoever needed it, but not a lot of people needed their help, the team was doing good on their own. "We gotta go, that guy's  probably in Siberia by now."

"We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision, you grab Vierra, and get to the jet." Sam flew above Vierra"No, you get to the jet, both of you."

"Vierra, you're with us." Vierra stopped turning to Steve, and Bucky, and running over. "I can fight." She protested "I know you can, but we're gonna need you later on too." Vierra sighed before nodding.

"The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Vierra gulped "This isn't the real fight, Steve."

"Wait, what about Valerie?" Bucky turned watching as Valerie fought T'Challa. "I'm staying here." Vierra shook her head "No, no. You can't because-because us V named girls gotta stick together." Valerie chuckled softly "This isn't goodbye Vierra, it's just see ya later. I'm trusting you to protect Bucky, so I can get my answers." Both, Valerie, and Bucky knew it was the other way around, but Vierra nodded anyways.

"Alright, Sam, what's the play?" 

"We need a diversion. Something big." Vierra turned to Bucky who couldn't keep his eyes off of Valerie. "I got something kinda big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like h**l, and if I tear myself in half, don't come back for me."

"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Vierra shrugged "Are you sure about this, Scott?"

"I do it all the time. I mean once, in a lab, and then I passed out." Scott grew about a hundred feet tall. "I guess that's the signal." Vierra nodded "Way to go tic-tac." Scott held Rhodey by his feet.

"Give me back my Rhodey."

"Come on, guys." The three bolted for the jet. Just as they were getting to the hangar, Vision blasted through the building next to the hangar causing it to begin to fall in front of the entrance. A scarlet cushion kept the rubble from actually doing any damage, and Vierra turned back to Wanda.

"Thank you!" Wanda nodded with a small smile. Something happened causing Wanda to let go of her hold on the building, and things came crashing down. Vierra blocked it just enough for the three to get under.

Natasha stood in front of the the Quinjet. "You're not gonna stop."

"You know I can't." Nat sighed heavily "I'm gonna regret this." Natasha held up her glove pressing the button before shooting an electrocuting disk onto T'Challa. "Go."

Vierra was sitting in the back next to Bucky. "Um, they're following us, Uncle Steve." The Captain nodded speeding up.

When Vierra looked back down, the two had left. "Okay, I think we're good."