(27) Modern Day Civil War

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

Steve ran to the airplane on the roof, but Tony fired the at the chopper's wings causing them to stop. War Machine, and Iron Man landed in front of Steve, but the captain was far from afraid.

He was pretty sure he could win with just Valerie on his side, but now he has Wanda, and Vierra. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport." Tony's mask pulled itself back as he turned to Rhodey "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird."

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve watched T'Challa jump over the plane clad in his Black Panther suit. "Captain." Steve nodded respectfully "Your highness."

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Steve stayed in his spot "You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday—" "And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first Tony, I can't."

"Steve." The Captain spun around to Natasha "You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Steve ignored Natasha turning back to Tony. "Alright, I've run out a patience." Tony cupped his mouth "Underoos!" Peter grabbed Steve's shield, and webbed his hands together.

"Nice job, kid." The Spiderman stood up. "Thanks. Well, I could've have stuck the landing a little better, it's just the new suit." Anyone could tell the newcomer was much younger by his voice "Well, it's nothing. Mr. Stark, it's perfect, thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"Okay. Cap-Captain." Peter saluted Steve "Big fan, I'm Spiderman." Tony sighed "Yeah, we'll talk about it later, just—" "Hey everyone." Tony rolled his eyes at the teenage boy who somewhat reminded him of Vierra. "Good job."

"You've been busy."

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda, and Vierra from a place they didn't even want to leave. A safe place where I could keep my promise to Thor. I'm trying to keep—I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You already did that... when you signed." Tony narrowed his eyes at Steve "Alright, I'm done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, and you're gonna come with us, now because it's us. We're a squad of JSOC guys with no compunction about being impolite." Tony paused "Come on."