(31) The Strongest Avenger

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

The captain swung Vierra onto the next level. "He's not gonna stop, okay, go." Bucky nodded "Take Vierra with you."

"Pietro?" The Maximoff smiled softly at her. "I'm not strong enough against Tony." Pietro shook his head taking both of her hands. "You can do it Vierra. You are the strongest Avenger."

Vierra's eyes flew open. They were fully gold like they were earlier at the airport. "Vierra?" The Asgardian girl nodded "Can you get Bucky out of here?"

"Of course." Vierra grabbed Bucky by his metal arm, and flew upwards. Vierra watched as Tony blasted the hinges of the roof, and fell closing it again, causing her to tumble into the next level. Tony next to them, and Bucky grabbed one of the metal beams slamming into the Iron Man.

Tony wrapped Bucky in a choke hold "Do you even remember them?"

"I remember all of them." Tony pulled Bucky down the into the middle, and Steve jumped onto them sending the three into a hurdle in separate directions. Vierra jumped off of the ground grabbing Bucky, and flying down some more, grabbing Steve by the back of his suit.

They landed on the ground gently, and Vierra sighed when Tony landed next to them. "This isn't going to change anything."

"I don't care. He killed my mom." Steve shoved Vierra out of the way just as Tony came down, and punched him in the face. "Look, Vierra, I know you want to fight, but Steve, and I can handle this." Vierra nodded when Bucky grabbed Steve's shield, and slammed it into the back of Tony's head.

Vierra looked away, she couldn't watch her friends battle each other. She didn't want to. Tony blasted Steve into a wall, and Vierra shook her head. "Stop fighting." Bucky had Tony pinned to the wall as he tried to pull out the reactor in his chest.

Tony used it, to blast Bucky, and Vierra slapped her hand over her mouth when she saw that Bucky's metal arm had been burned off. Vierra ran over when Tony hit him again, and Steve charged at Tony.

"Hey. Hey, it's gonna be okay, alright?" Bucky exhaled sharply "Hey, don't close your eyes. We're gonna see Valerie after this, okay?" Bucky nodded but his eyes fluttered shut.

"I'm sorry for doing this, Bucky." She reeled her hand back before slapping him on the right cheek. "I'm up!" Vierra laughed. "You need to stay that way." Bucky nodded, when Steve was thrown next to her.

Vierra stood up. "Tony, please stop."

"He killed people." Vierra nodded glancing back to Bucky "He didn't have a choice. Now please, you accepted Valerie into the Avengers even though she attacked us."

"Valerie didn't kill my mom."

"Neither did he. What you saw was a brainwashed version of Bucky who had no control over his actions." "I don't care. Now, move." Vierra shook her head, "I'm not letting you hurt anyone else. You need to stop, Tony."

Stark blasted her to the side, and went to attack Steve. When Valerie looked up, Tony had him on his knees. "He's my friend." Steve told him. "So was I." Tony punched Steve repeatedly, and Vierra couldn't handle it anymore.

"I said, STOP!"

Golden light emitted from her body, and Tony went to blast her at the same time, but Bucky punched him in the foot. He kicked him in the face back, but it distracted him enough for Vierra to attack.

Steve grabbed Tony when his suit began to melt from Vierra, and slammed him into the ground, punching him in the face repeatedly. "Steve don't." The Captain grabbed his shield ramming it into Tony's chest.

Steve fell off of Tony's body, and Vierra darted over. "I'm sorry, Tony. It shouldn't have ended this way." Tony nodded "I agree." Vierra pulled the shield from his chest, and tossed it over to Steve.

Steve picked it up, and headed over to Bucky helping him up. "That shield doesn't belong to you. You don't deserve it. My father made that shield." Steve dropped the shield to the ground before turning to Vierra.

"Are you coming?" Vierra shook her head "I'm gonna stay with him." Bucky's eyebrows pulled together. "You sure?" Vierra nodded remembering Pietro's sacrifice "I have my own my promises."