(33) Memory Flood

↓↓ Vanya↓↓

The Wakandan doctors had fixed Valerie for the most part

The Wakandan doctors had fixed Valerie for the most part. Her memories were coming back slowly just a little bit faster than they were when Wanda mind zapped her.

Bucky had already fallen asleep, but Valerie couldn't. She laid on top of the black comforter staring at the ceiling. Valerie wanted to see Vierra again, she wanted to see her bright innocent smile.

Valerie was homesick for her best friend. She didn't want to hear everyone tell her that what she had done in the past was okay, or that HYDRA controlled her mind she couldn't help it.

She wanted to hear Vierra tell her some Asgardian legend, and tell Valerie that it didn't matter if things were gonna be okay. She wanted to hear Vierra say, 'Us V-named girls stick together, okay?', and then laugh after.

Valerie sighed when her eyes fluttered shut. Her body betraying her mind, and falling unconscious.

Valerie pressed a wet cloth gently to the soldier's wound on his abdomen. "You know, I was thinking Val, once you get me a cleaned up, and ready to go, we could go get some dinner, or something." Valerie smiled leaning down over Jeremiah's body. "In your dreams, soldier."

Valerie walked back over to her best friend, Vanya. "I see you, and Jeremiah are getting close." Valerie smiled lightly "He's too cocky for me." Vanya turned to Valerie with her jaw dropped. "It alright, you don't need him anyways 'cause you got me. Us V-named girls gotta stick together, remember?"

"Of course I do." A loud ticking noise interrupted their conversation. "EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" Valerie slipped under a counter, and a loud explosion broke through the wall.

Valerie stood up stumbling around slightly at the ringing in her ears. "Vanya?" Valerie fell to her knees next to the limp body of her best friend. "No, no, come on Vanya, wake up." Vanya coughed "Us V-named girls stick together remember?" Vanya's eyes went cold, and Valerie shook her head.

"Come on, wake up." She smacked Vanya's cheek. "Wake up!" Valerie watched two feet step up to Vanya's body. "A survivor?" When Valerie looked up, she was met with none other than Johann Schmidt, the man the Americans had been working, so hard to defeat.

"Take her." Soldiers grabbed at Valerie pulling her back. "No!" She thrashed around kicking, and fighting for her freedom, she just wanted a chance to mourn the loss of her friend. "VANYA!"

The scene shifted, and Valerie gulped.

"Frau. johnson, das ist dein neuer cellmate, Mr. Barnes. (Ms. Johnson, this is your new cellmate, Mr. Barnes.)" Valerie didn't even look up. She was sure he'd be just like the rest of her 'cellmates'. They'd experiment on him, and the experiment would go wrong, and he wouldn't survive.