(30) Tony Find's Out

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

The four crept along the halls, until they found a main entrance. "I got heat signatures." Vierra shivered "How many?"

"Uh, one." They stepped into the large room, and lights came on revealing maybe six Winter Soldier's still in their capsules. The four kept walking. "If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." Vierra looked over to find one of the Soldier's with a bullet in his head.

She cringed, looking away. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?" The doctor's thick accent played through the intercoms of the lab. "What the h**l?"

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here." Another light turned on revealing Zemo. Steve through his shield, but it bounced back to him, and Tony aimed at the doctor. "Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets."

"I'm betting, the kid, and I couldn't beat that." Vierra pointed her flame encased hand towards the man. "Oh, I'm sure you two could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?"

"I've thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here... I just realized... there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes." Zemo chuckled "How nice, to find a flaw."

"You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?"

"Sokovia was a failed state, long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise." Steve nodded "You lost someone?"

"I lost everyone. And, so will you." The man pressed a button, and a screen turned on. "An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again, but one which crumbles from within? That's dead forever." Tony walked over to the screen, with Vierra close behind. "I know that road. What is this?"

Vierra watched the screen intently a car crashed, and the Winter Soldier drove on his bike next to it. Vierra ignored the sounds on the computer, she tried to look away, but she didn't, she watched Bucky literally punch Tony's dad to death.

Vierra gulped, gently taking Bucky's hand in hers. The man looked up to the young girl surprised.

It doesn't matter what you've done. She mouthed. Tony didn't seem to think that way as he jumped towards Bucky, but Steve pulled him back. "No, wait, Tony." The said man turned back to Steve "Did you know?"

"I didn't know it was him."

"Don't bullsh** me, Rogers. Did you know?" Steve inhaled sharply "Yes." Tony pulled away from Steve looking back to Vierra, when Bucky pulled her back a little. "Did you know?" Vierra shook her head (no) "I'm sorry Tony."

Tony nodded looking back to the computer before slamming his fist into Steve throwing him off he to the side. Bucky shot Tony, but he deflected it, and Bucky went to punch Tony, but the Iron Man grabbed his metal fist.

Vierra pushed Bucky behind her. "Don't do this, kid." Vierra shook her head "I'm not gonna hurt you, but I won't let you hurt him."

"Why, because Valerie told you, so? When are you gonna start making your own decisions." Once again, Vierra shook her head "You don't understand, Tony. This was my choice."

Tony blasted at Vierra, but she blocked, ever since the death of Pietro, Vierra had been working on making her forcefield stronger. Tony kept inching closer though. Feeling her power slowly fade, Vierra shoved Bucky out of the way, just as her forcefield fell, and the blast came in contact with Vierra.

"Vierra!" Bucky dropped down to his knees as he slid over to the girl, but Tony grabbed him, flying him to the other side of the room, and ramming him into the ground wrapping his hands around Bucky's neck.

Steve through his shield knocking Tony off of Bucky. Tony blasted Steve to the ground, before shooting cuffs onto his ankles. Bucky punched Tony, and once again, the Iron Man rammed him into the wall. Tony went to punch Bucky, but the Winter Soldier grabbed onto his fist slowly breaking the metal encasing.

Tony aimed to shoot at Bucky, but the gun flew to the side, and shot one of the balance beams. Tony looked over to find Vierra standing there with her famous golden eyes.

The ceiling fell, and Vierra grabbed Bucky pulling him out of the way of he falling rock. Bucky, and Vierra looked up at the same time as Steve. "Get outta here." Vierra nodded pulling the Winter Soldier off of the ground.

Bucky pressed a button, and the ceiling opened up. "What is your stance on flying?" Bucky furrowed his eyebrows, and Vierra shrugged. "I guess you'll just have to find out." Vierra grabbed Bucky's hands, and lifted off of the ground. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, I haven't got you out yet." Bucky chuckled "I'm supposed to be the one protecting you."

"Well, if you wanna fly us out of here, then by all means—" "He's coming." Vierra looked down. "Awe, Crap." She willed the air around them to move faster, but Tony flew up grabbing Bucky, and throwing him into a wall.

Just as Tony went to shoot Bucky, Steve jumped in front of him, using his shield to deflect the hit, and use it against Tony. Vierra grabbed onto both of the men, and began to fly again, but she was going much slower. "You okay, Via?" Vierra nodded to Steve pushing herself to keep her eyes open.

"You guys are just a little heavy." With that, they fell, Vierra's eyes sealed. Bucky grabbed onto one of the railings holding onto Steve.