(11) The Birth of an Ally

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

The four stepped into Stark's lab. "You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes."

"I'm gonna say this once," Tony looked up "How about nonce?" Vierra rolled her eyes "You said you wouldn't, Tony, you need to shut it down." Tony gulped loudly "I can't. It's not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And, you do?" Vierra's nostrils flared as she took her spot next to Steve. "Clearly we know better than you."

"Really? So, she's not in your head?" Wanda stepped out from behind the two "I know your angry."

"Oh, we're way passed that. I can choke the life out of you, and never change a shade." Vierra's eyes glowed bright gold "Banner, after everything that's happened—"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming."

"You don't know what's in there."

"This isn't a game."

"This creature—" Vierra blinked away the gold, and shook her head before turning back to Pietro blocking out the others bickering. He sent her a nod like he knew what she wanted him to do, and sped off ripping the plug from the cradle.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Vierra hid her laugh behind a her hand until a bullet flew up in front of him. Pietro fell through the glass ground, and Vierra's eyes went wide as she hurried over.

"I'm rerouting the upload." Steve threw his shield destroying several of Tony's computers. The Iron Man's glove flew onto Tony's hand, and he shot Steve throwing him back into the wall.

Scarlet energy bubbled Wanda's hands, and Bruce grabbed her "Go ahead, piss me off." Steve stood up, and threw his shield into Tony causing the man to fly back into the wall with a loud groan. Vierra pulled her hands up, and the air under Pietro pushed him up onto the upper platform next to her.

"Thanks for the help, " He breathed out "But, please never do that again." Vierra chuckled, a possible moment of hysteria considering a friend's were all fighting each other, but she believed it's always good to laugh.

Thor slid in. "Dad!" Pietro looked to the blonde man "Dad?" Thor jumped onto the cradle, and held Mjolnir into the air summoning lighting. "Wait!" Bruce tried to protest, but it wouldn't work.

Thor pushed the hammer onto the cradle, and Vierra realized he wasn't destroying it, he was finishing building it. Whatever the creature was broke through the cradle, throwing her father off to the side. "Dad!"

She helped her father up, and looked back to see a red, and blue robot sitting on the cradle. It had a bright fluorescent yellow gem right above its eyes.

Vierra knew what it was. It was an infinity stone, the one from the scepter. Uncle Loki told her the legend of the Infinity stones when she was much younger.

It flew to Vierra, and Thor like it was ready to attack, but with the swish of her hand the robot was flying into the opposite direction. It broke through one of the glass walls, but stopped itself before it could go through the window.

Vierra, and Thor got up, and darted over simultaneously. Vierra held out her flame encased hand, ready to attack, but Thor held out his hand, for her to stop, so she did.

The robot spun around clothes appearing over his naked body. He flew back down to the lower platform where all the Avengers (including Wanda, and Pietro) stood. (Valerie's still asleep.)

"I'm sorry. That was... odd." The robot turned to Vierra's father. "Thank you." Thor inhaled sharply, and the robot made himself a golden cape like the god of thunder's.

"Dad? You helped create this?" Thor turned to his daughter, and Pietro sped in front of her protectively. Thor ignored the action looking past the young boy to his child.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all of hope life, and at its center is that." He pointed to the yellow rock engraved in the android's forehead. "The gem?"

"It's the mind stone." Vierra recollected "It's one of the six infinity stones, the greatest power in the universe. Unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring it—" "Because Stark is right." Everyone turned to the newcomer "Valerie!" Vierra exclaimed.

"I saw it too. It's definitely the end times." Thor nodded "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

"Not alone." Vierra's turned to the android curiously "Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked speaking the question bouncing around in Vierra's brain.

"We reconfigured Jarvis' matrix. To create something new." Tony stepped up eye to eye with the robot.

"I think I've had my fill of new."

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vierra looked down when she noticed Pietro pulling her hand into his. "You're not?"

"I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis either, I am..." Wanda stepped over to the android "I looked in your head, and saw annihilation."

"Look again." Clint laughed "Her self approval means jack to me."

Thor ignored Clint's statement "Their powers, the horrors in our heads. Ultron himself, they all came from the mindstone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But, with it on our side—"

"Is it?" Steve asked " Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple." Vierra rolled her eyes "It better get real simple real soon."

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end the world."

"What's he waiting for?"

"You."

"Where?"

"Sokovia." Pietro accidentally squeezed Vierra's hand causing her to look up. "He's got Nat there too."

Bruce stepped up to the android "If we were wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." the seeming threat surprised the Avengers, Bruce was the nice one. "What will you do? I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain, but that pain will rule over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now, and not one of us can do it without the others."

The android looked down to his own hands "Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended to be, so there may be no way to make you trust me," Vision spun around Mjolnir in hand. "But, we need to go."

The entirety of he Avengers watched as Thor took his hammer from the android with a bewildered expression. "Alright." The god of thunder patted Tony on the back "Way to go."