(16) Failure is the Key to Success

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

  Vierra sat down across from Wanda as the Maximoff girl spun her teabag in her cup with a small spoon. The young Asgardian discreetly scanned the surrounding area along with her friend who was sitting across from her.

"Alright, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops." Wanda replied giving Vierra the chance to next. "Small station. Quiet street." Then, it was Wanda again. "It's a good target." The two young girls had become quick friends, almost as close as Vierra, and Valerie were.

"There's an ATM on the South corner which means..." Vierra let Wanda reply. She had already gone through all the training, and it was Wanda's turn. "Cameras."

"Most cross streets to one way."

"So, compromised escape routes." Valerie was the one to speak next, "It means our guy doesn't care about our being seen, he's isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"The red one? It's cute." Vierra chuckled at the girl sitting across from her. "It's also bulletproof which means private security which means more guns which means more headaches for somebody, probably us." Across the pavilion, Valerie, and Natasha sat at another table.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Vierra gave Wanda a high five for her witty response. "Looking over your shoulder gets to become second nature."

"Anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid?"

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"  Vierra took a bite of the bread she had bought before gasping. Wanda looked to her with curious eyes. Since her mouth was still full, she pointed to the toast and gave the girl a thumbs up making her laugh.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months, and I don't want to lose him." Vierra took another bite of her delicious bread before replying, "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us."

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it."

"That truck's loafed from max weight, and the driver's armed." Valerie took a sip of her tea before speaking, "It's a battering ram." "Go now." Wanda's eyes widened "Why?"

"He's not hitting the police."

Several loud crashes could be heard from behind the pavilion, "What was that?" Wanda questioned anxiously. "Let's go find out." Vierra stood up, and Wanda followed her to behind the building, so no one would see them go into the air.