(15) Getting Home

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

Vierra sat quietly next to Tony who was driving them to the new Avengers facility. She felt as if her emotions had dug a pit in the bottom of her stomach, and hid there. She hoped they would stay because feeling numb to the pain was so much better than feeling the pain itself.

She headed to her new room which was almost nothing like the old one, but that didn't matter to her.

Vierra had finally accepted she did have a crush on the Maximoff boy, and he was murdered because he liked her back. She switched on the flat screen tv across from her bed, and the first channel that popped up was the news.

"Vierra daughter of Thor, is one of the newest, and some saying most powerful Avengers. Viewers are calling her Elemental based on her elemental manipulating abilities." Vierra watched with sad eyes. "How does it feel?" The young teen spun around to be faced with her father whom was standing in the doorway.

"How does it feel to be a hero, daughter?" The blonde man sauntered over to his daughter's bunk plopping down next to her. "Should it hurt?" Thor's eyebrows scrunched together confusedly by the question. "Does it hurt for you?" Vierra gulped momentarily glancing to the tv where the news reporter was no more complimenting the girl, but instead stating concerns for having such a powerful teen walking around freely.

"People died, and the others were scared. I don't want to be the reason people are scared." Thor blew out a huff pondering ways to comfort his daughter. "You can't control their fear, only your own."

"I don't think I can't control mine anymore either." She muttered softly. "What exactly happened? No one did tell me." Vierra didn't try to hide the tears anymore as she explained what Pietro had done.

"He died an honorable man." Vierra shook her head though, "That's the thing, he shouldn't have had to die. I didn't want him to die." Thor's heart ached for his crying daughter. "You felt attraction to the boy?" Vierra laughed softly "I don't know what I feel anymore. I just don't want to live like this. I didn't want to live with people's blood on my hands."

Thor pulled his daughter into a tight hug not knowing what else to do. "I'm—" "Leaving. I know my bags are already packed." Thor took his daughter's hand in his own. "I plan to find the identity of your mother, Vierra. I want you to come, but if staying here is what you wish to do, Stark offered to let you stay. You can recuperate, and you'd be safe. I will send word when I find her."

Vierra gulped inaudibly "I think I'm gonna stay. I'll train," She blinked slowly before nodding to herself, "And I'll be the strongest Avenger." Her mind taking her to the events of a couple days before  when Pietro has reassured her, she was.