(12) Suiting Up & Preparing for Battle

Vierra led the Maximoff twins to a closet with a balcony still in her suit. "Shoes are up there." She told Pietro as she watched him pull on a new shirt. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" The Maximoff boy asked pulling a pair of freshly cleaned Rebox sneakers from the closet. "You looked tired earlier."

Vierra nodded "Thanks, but I'll be alright." Pietro nodded, and tried to keep his eyes away from her as she changed into a clean uniform. He shook his head to get out of his daze, and found a red leather jacket. He threw it to his sister surprising her.

Vierra headed out leaving the twins to converse by themselves. She found Tony, Valerie, Steve, and Bruce talking in his lab. "There's no way we all get through this. If we have even one of ten soldiers left standing we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor."

"I got no plans tomorrow night."

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's who he wants the most." "That's true." Vision said as he passed by the five "He hates you the most."

✷𑁍✷

Vierra was the one to give the earpieces to the Maximoff twins, they enjoyed her presence more than the others. Probably because she was the only one who believed in them even though the attacked the team several times.

"What is this for?" Wanda asked her. "It's so we can talk to each other while we fight. You put it in your ear, like so." The twins followed her instructions  and pushed the devices into their ears.

She pressed the button on her earpiece "Ahoy, Captain, the twins got their earpieces in." Pietro chuckled at Vierra's fake deep voice. It did surprise them though, that she was so ready to go to war like she had done it a thousand times before.

Steve ruined the happy mood when he brought up the fact that they were actually going to war. "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are, we'll be riding  into heavy fire. Now, that's what we signed up for, but the people of Sokovia," Pietro, and Wanda shared a glance at the mention of their home.

"They didn't. So, our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not gonna happen today, but we can do our best to protect them, and we get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters, that we're whats wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him, it's about whether, or not he's right."

Vierra gulped before faking a smile "And when we  all survive—" "If we all survive," Tony interjected.

"When we all survive," Vierra repeated optimistically "We'll go out somewhere fancy, and hope they'll let us in free for saving the world."  Valerie rolled her eyes with a light smile, and Pietro chuckled, but Steve gave her a pointed look.

"Fine! Tony can pay for it." This time, it was Stark's turn to look at the younger girl. "What? You pay for everything else, what's wrong with some victory pizza." She turned to the twins "Have you ever had pizza?"

The twins shook their heads simultaneously causing Vierra to gasp loud, and dramatically. "We have to get you two some pizza after this."